Thumb drive for car stereo

Taz

I got to looking at the stereo I had put in my car and noticed a place for a thumb drive. Got one for free at a conference I went to. They had a big basket and giving them away for the taking. I think it was something like 2 megabite. Down loaded and low and behold it plays. No only that it tells who is singing and what the song is. I did a plain transfer from my library to the E drive. Any advise, opinions, or comments.

Taz

My cd player(home) has USB input. I went to Costco and bought a three pack of 8G drives.

I loaded one with about a thousand tunes and put it on shuffle. Haven't heard a repeat yet.

Used WMP at the highest bit rate. Sounds fine to my old, ringing ears.

jerol

My cd player(home) has USB input. I went to Costco and bought a three pack of 8G drives.

I loaded one with about a thousand tunes and put it on shuffle. Haven't heard a repeat yet.

Used WMP at the highest bit rate. Sounds fine to my old, ringing ears.

jerol

JerlW, I took your advice and went to Costco and they were having a sale on the 16G drives and bought 2 for a little over $10 each. Had to go back into town and bought another 6 of them for $65.94. Should hold all the albums and then some..........................................................................Taz

I'm on my 3rd aftermarket head unit in the car, all three have the front-panel USB input. I think they max out at recognizing16Gb.

I repurposed #'s1 and 2 USB-capable car units. Now, each is packaged with a class D switching power supply, ~ 13.8V DC output, maybe 2500 mA, and serve as lines-powered dedicated/portable MP3 music servers.

One's in a metal 'CB Radio' enclosure, and the other's in a soft-side bag W strap. As for the thumb drives, I've put different genres on different ones ....Holiday tunes, Party, etc.

Leo