Why I hate Dave :-) New speakers

I have been really happy with my Stockish Cornwalls. Yes they are Splits, but they still use the K401/K55 combo. Dave was kind enough to bring over his new Yields... Full ranger up top and 2 15s on the business end. The net result is I have listed 2 of my other pairs of speakers to raise funds. The Yields had such incredible bass and much faster. I still love my 3way Cornscala's (2" horns and eliptracs) but these speakers are now on my shopping list. Suprizingly, I played them for my wife and she even approves... that is a truly tall order. They played flat... FFT used and but most importantly they played right. I used my MC275, my 50watt SS chip amp and my 5watt stereo 300b and was able to enjoy each. The SS Chip was a great balance. The MC275 gave it monstrous bass and the 300bs had the highs perfect. These are too complex for me to built and I will be said to see a pair of my Cornscala's go, but today the Yields won.

post-39161-13819737591674_thumb.jpg

post-39161-13819768252224_thumb.jpg

post-39161-13819795228652_thumb.jpg

I forgot to add. I had heard these at Dave's house with mini DSP for active crossover use.

I told Dave I couldnt demo without a passive crossover. Seems he was able to build one. The I can't hear to differences between how the active crossover sounded and the passive. I read a MC275 demo once that said the most telling things about the product... IE the MC275 is that the reviewer bought the review sample... Im in the same boat.

Dave,

Are those solid steel? The only reason I am asking is; you can get hollow tube in the same dimensions. Would be much lighter and may make a difference on shipping cost. Will not change anything stability wise. I am presuming by tripod, you are referening an arm from the top rear to a bracket extension on the base.

W. C.

Guest David H

Are those solid steel?

No, it is hollow channel with end caps, very light and rigid.

The tri-pod stand I am referring to is three legs intead of four. The tri-pod never needs leveling.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Criag I bought the the new units he brought to Demo... blew away my cornscala's with the K55/K401 combo. Very closely matched to my Big Cornscala's. The HF rightness and the fings huge bass is this speakers hallmarks in my mind.

Anyone in south OC is welcome to come here either at my place in Aliso Viejo