All the new guy talks about.

CRAZY4SOUND

I know you are all probably tired of hearing me talk about Earthquake sound corp. amps and subs. since It seems I am the only person on here that owns them. So I would like to offer my home to any unwanted earthquake amps or subs that anyone may have laying around. I love made in the good ol USA products and would give them a good home. Seriously are there any other owners of this magnificent product that when matched with klipsch products produces an unbelievable purity. anyone?

I know you are all probably tired of hearing me talk about Earthquake sound corp. amps and subs. since It seems I am the only person on here that owns them.

To be honest, I thought you were an Earthquake Sound Corp. mole that was planted here to pull the SVS, HSU, Epik, Emotiva and other ID audio companies junkies to the Earthquake side.[:P][^o)] Okay am I right?

Truthfully, you are "behaving" like I did when I first "discovered" and owned Klipsch speakers. At that point, there was not another brand of speakers in existence. I have come to the realization that other brands are out there and many are better and many are worse, I just happen to own and enjoy Klipsch the best(from what I have heard).

Bill

I figured thats what everyone thought. I am not new to audiophilism just to this forum. I know there are some great products out there but I am no youngster by any means and I have owned, heard and critiqued many systems. I owned a large nite club for many years and live music and its reproduction have been my passion since I was a child. I am open to every product that sounds good infact I now run a pioneer elite vsx92txh as a pre and with all the talk on hear about Emotiva I will be looking into there products. But if Earthquake made a pre you can bet I would definetely check it out. I just dont want to see anyone overlook a great company and an outstanding product do to lack of bandwagon popularity and knowledge. And no I am not a planted mole thank you.

A planted mole would say that he was not a planted mole :P. In all seriousness though, it's nice to hear from someone who really loves a certain brand of speaker/sub. Often times, they have lead others to buy something from a company they previously would not have considered. My only problem with Earthquake is there is extremely little in the way of used, and for obvious reasons, myself and most others have an extremely hard time shelling out that kind of money to buy something we haven't been able to listen to first from a company who is fairly unknown or unproven.

I am just thankful everyone around here seems to be extremely open-minded, but passionate about home theater gear, which is exceedingly rare, especially when it comes to the internet. It's nice to have a place where we can chat without me being told in one way or another that I have wasted all my money on Klipsch speakers when I could/should have bought a Bose system instead. Or even worse... a heated debate about HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray.

Ok I am a planted mole? lol. Seriously I do understand that Earthquakes equipt. is very high end and expensive new. And as I ve said before once people hear it and own it they dont want to give it up so used is hard to find. If any of you get a chance to hear their amps or subs definitly check it out. Ok enough from u guys about earthquake. lol. Like I said I use a pioneer elite vsx92txh for a pre can someone tell me if I would gain by going to a emotiva Im not too familiar with there stuff, It seems very inexpensive.

For sure I will, but it's hard to find anyone that has one, let alone that would allow me to demo it. If you are around the Michigan area, I would love to hear one for myself.

As far as the UMC-1 being worth it, it's a very hard question. I think it's worth it just for the upgrade card which will save me 600$ off the cost of their upcoming (hopefully) XMC-1. However, if you are like a lot of others and don't have as much faith in Emotiva (their UMC-1 was extremely buggy on release, and still is a little quirky), I would probably just stick with the Pioneer Elite. You could always wait to see how well the XMC-1 performs and buy an upgrade card then. If Emotiva doesn't hold back the XMC-1, there will likely be a ton of UMC-1s on the market for dirt cheap pretty soon here, so might want to hold out for that as well.

The one thing I would read about is the bass management on the UMC-1. A lot of people don't think that it handing the bass correctly, and being the big fan of the Earthquake subs, I would hate for you to buy the UMC-1 and have it not run your sub as well as it deserves.

Thank you I will do my research. My elite works awesome just always looking for better at not to high a cost. Like all of us I guess. By the way I live in Chico Ca. You know where that playboy magazine college is. If anyone lives close by and wants to hear an Earthquake cinenova grande 5 amp and the supernova 15 sub Id be more than happy to demo for ya.

I know you are all probably tired of hearing me talk about Earthquake sound corp. amps and subs...

Getting "religion" sometimes even is about religion - but it also is a descriptive phrase regarding the "on fire" emotion one feels when they are so filled with believing in something (photography gear, automobiles, music instrument makers, speakers, etc) that they exhibit the preaching behaviour of newly "saved" souls. Personally I like reading from those that are passionate about their beliefs and want to know their reasoning behind their excitement.

I think KLF legend series 20's are about as good as it gets for music - but I still hope to listen to LaScallas or KHorns someday. Same for Nikon cameras and lenses - but I know that Canon has taken some award winning photographs. I'm partial to Harley's - but I know BMW makes a pretty nice motorcycle.

[H][Y]

Remember the enemy of good is better. I think swithing to a separate pre-amp from my Pioneer Elite, will be at best a lateral move for me.But, it depends on wether you wish to go with all separates. The one thing about Emo gear is that it looks nice.

Well it seems you either love it or hate it. I really like the look and was thrilled when I found the option in the UMC-1 to turn off the front display. It's very sexy, but I find a lot of times, it can be pretty distracting when watching a movie. Those signature round blue lights are very bright, especially in a dark room. It's also the reason why I always prefer Samsung TV's. The fronts are usually very discrete with no lights or flashy emblems. My friend recently got a Vizio, and the picure quality was pretty good, but I couldn't stand looking at it because on the front, "Vizio" is written on the bottom and it is backlit. Why anyone would want to see that right under the screen is beyond me.