Just bought my first pair of floorstanding Klipsch (used)

Salty Codger

Well now that my wife has separated from me and I can get larger speakers, I am upgrading my mini speaker setup (first generation Quints). I purchased a pair of F2 Floorstanding speakers. The speakers are in good shape, but the grills are trashed, I got the pair for $150 so I couldn't say no.

Anyone know if I can still get replacement grills.

What speakers would pair well with these for 5.1 or better. Right now I will probably still be using the Quints until I can replace these too.

Andy

Congrats on the larger speakers. The matchin center will be the C-2 and surrounds will be the S-2. Sub as you know doesn't matter. Buy the best you can afford. And as for the grills, best bet is to call klipsch and ask if they have any if not, start posting around asking if anyone has a pair they don't use. Someone might have these behind a false wall. And not keep grills on them

Sorry to hear about the wife, but nice find on the speakers! Klipsch is usually pretty cheap when it comes to parts like grilles, but you do have to call them and talk to their parts department. And I think especially for that system, if you splurge on one thing, it should be the sub. How much were you looking to spend? We can help keep an eye out for you. We just love spending other people's money around here =)

For what it is, I think it does a fantastic job at what it does, and for the price they can be had, but keeping up with the 83's, I can usually hear it struggle, and tends to drop a lot of the lows. If I had known as much when I bought it as I do now though, I would not have paid full retail for it.

A sub is actually in my VERY near future. I found an RT-12d from a fellow forum member in the garage sale thread. I was looking at getting an Epik Empire or even saving my pennies for a while and getting a PB13 ultra, but for the price that was offered, there was just something in me telling me not to pass it up. So if things go according to plan, I will have it paid for tomorrow once I get my paycheck, and with any luck, will also be shipped out tomorrow.

I am really looking forward to getting this thing hooked up. There is a scene in The Dark Knight when the Joker is walking out of the hospital in his nurse's outfit and blows up the hospital. I am hoping to get a lot more of the low rumbling bass out of that scene. I know the RT-12d isn't the greatest sub in the world, but hopefully compared to the RW-10d, it will blow me away. And who knows, maybe a PB13 or two is still on the horizon, maybe right around tax-return season next year.

I am hoping to get a lot more of the low rumbling bass out of that scene. I know the RT-12d isn't the greatest sub in the world, but hopefully compared to the RW-10d, it will blow me away.

When I switched from an RW-10d to an RSW-10d, the difference did blow me away. I am sure the RT-12d will be even more impressive than my experience. Now adding my Revel B15 was a complete game change.

Bill

If you are talking to me, that was quite far out of my price range, else I would have hopped on it right away. I feel like we have derailed this thread, so to try and get it back on topic to the OP, I will let you know what I think of the RT-12d because I believe there is a very nice RT-10d in the garage sale thread for a very good price, and the two subs are fairly similar from what I can tell.