replacement woofers for academy

merkin

I have an academy that has a crackle in one woofer. Is there any replacements that could bolt in there. I don't think Klipsch has a replacement for them. Or do I need to send it some where to get rebuilt.

• 2 weeks later...

It took me a bit of time, but doggedly searching the internet I finally found one. I built a clone by using the Garage Sale (listing a WTB) forum here and ebay. I believe I eventually found the woofer on ebay and the crossover in the Garage Sale. Getting the specs and buying a replacement is also an option, but I understand wanting to keep it as original as possible. The other option is to rebuild it as you've stated. There are You Tube videos on DIYing the replacement cone if you're handly.

Trusted Youthman on the forum here has three sequential numbered oak oil Academies for sale at a bargain price . . . $250 each. At the cost and trouble and time of finding parts, might time to buy a working one from him and sell the working parts off your old ne here in garage sales to recoup some loss. His price can't be much more than a rebuild with cost of shipping two ways. Youthman's is in Florida . . . Pristine Academy and cost of shipping me way if he is not local to you. Here is the link: http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/165009.aspx