CW1526 screw holes layout?

Arash

all know drilling woofer's screw holes on a motor board and obtaining the center is hard as hell and time consuming, and bad placed woofer will look awful and could be the bottleneck of a project, so I wanted to know if there is a Screw Holes Layout of CW1526 woofer so CNC will do the job automatically!!

a question: con I put the woofer under a scanner?! [:P]

any help is appreciated

Once the woofer hole is cut in the baffle, place the woofer in position and use a drill bit of the same diameter as the mounting holes on the woofer. Drill one hole and insert bolt and tighten nut (l use black bolts with a cylindrical head that takes an allen key with nylock nuts). Do the same on the opposite side of the woofer. The woofer is now fixed and won't move so you can now drill the rest of the holes. As long as you use a drill bit the same size as the woofer mounting holes, you can't go wrong!

Once the woofer hole is cut in the baffle, place the woofer in position and use a drill bit of the same diameter as the mounting holes on the woofer. Drill one hole and insert bolt and tighten nut (l use black bolts with a cylindrical head that takes an allen key with nylock nuts). Do the same on the opposite side of the woofer. The woofer is now fixed and won't move so you can now drill the rest of the holes. As long as you use a drill bit the same size as the woofer mounting holes, you can't go wrong!

Please, Do Not Do This. this was only done in the early years where the woofer was bolted thru the motorboard before the cloth was stapled around the motorboard and a nut was used on the inside to tighten up.

today they mount using only screws from the inside that do not go all the way thru. predrill no bigger than 1/8" hole 1/2" deep.

Fair enough! It's worked perfect on my build but you may be assuming that my cabinet is made from ply which is better than mdf for taking screws. As my cabinet is built with mdf, l just don't trust the suitability of screws long term hence my use of bolts and nylock nuts which will never loosen. I might be wrong though! What is the reason why you strongly advise against nuts and bolts?

Looking around I see that an EVM 15 inch and Eminence Pro 15 inch have the screws on a 14.56 inch or 37 cm diameter (these woofers are metric?, it seems so with the metric being an exact number). So maybe that is what the CW uses. Ask Bob.

It should not be too difficult to lay this out on a piece of cardboard. Or program a CNC with some math.

Of course the four major ones are just 37 cm /2 (the radius) up or down or left or right from the center. The diagonals are at coordinates square root of 2 divided by 2 (or about 0.707) times 37/2 (the radius) cm up down and side to side from the center.

If I had a woofer without any other information I'd put it face down on a piece of cardboard or masonite and use a mechanical pencil to register the eight holes. Then draw a line from opposite holes to find the center.

You might look at a Jasper Jig from Parts Express to aid in the use of a router, too.

WMcD