KSW-15 or RSW-10

Matt0013

What is a better buy, the KSW-15 or the RSW-10 (I might be able to buy the RSW-12 if it anyone thinks it is better than the KSW-15). Of course, I want very deep bass.

Right now I have a Yamaha YST-SW305 200 watt sub. When I turn it up loud while listening to music the bass sounds forced and it not very deep and I hear it but I don't really feel it. When you make your sub suggestion make sure I will be able to feel the bass even when listening to loud music and movies.

Thanks for any help,

Matt

Having both the KSW15 and RSW10,I compared them.KSW subs are to me good for PC use,RSW(in multiples)for HT and music.

The KSW15 is not as clean as the RSW10,the RSW10 punch and definition ranks among the very best subs.

Built quality is also a one sided slaughter,the RSW series make the KSW look like dollar store subs. LOL

The RSW cabinets are much more rigid,feature radiators and no ports(port noise eliminated)and much more potent amps.Not to forget is the driver,a true heavy duty unit compared to the standard KSW driver(low X max and linear).

The output of the KSW15 is within the RSW10 around 30Hz,I did not test both at maximum SPL at 30Hz but the little RSW10 would no doubt be close(of not superior).Only above 50Hz the KSW15 is really a powerful sub.Below 35Hz its weak and below 30Hzthe output is piss poor.

So if you want deep bass the KSW series is not a good choice.As well get a Paradigm PW2200.

The RSW10 is a better buy the the KSW15(unless you can get a great deal on the KSW15).

And when you compare the RSW12 to the KSW15 its not even fair at all.The RSW12 does everything much better then the KSW15.And in output its a one way beating.

The best compact subs for low low bass are the Sunfire Mark IV and Signature.The Mark IV should give you 110dB at 31.5Hz and the Signature a mighty 116dB at 31.5Hz!Not all the Signature maintains good output to 20Hz!Now most subs(besides the large SVS,HSU and Co)have pathetic output down at 20Hz.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

I would surely take the RSW-10 over the KSW-15. Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Sony KV-ES38M91 (38" Direct View FD Triniton WEGA)

A/V Receiver: Marantz SR9200

DVD Player: Sony DVP-NS900V

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier