Legends and Heritage

Deang

----------------

On 6/6/2002 3:37:00 PM DeanG wrote:

Well, since I've never listened to a three-way horn system with a tube amp -- I can't form any true, informed opinions about it.

And...

I'm just really afraid they are going to be earbleeders. Harsh, grainy, bright, honkey, and no bass unless you dump the whole amp into them.

----------------

Geez Dean. From the way you've always talked about Heritage being earbleeders, and being a tube fan, I always wondered what the hell you were talking about! Now I know. I know you don't know. 2.gif

And...

As I recall from way back when I first joined the Forum with my room & acoustics postings, the pics you sent me of your listening room, & listening position, etc......I bet they are going to be earbleeders. Harsh, grainy, bright, honkey, and no bass unless you dump the whole amp into them.

I think you're going to have to move back a few feet.

7.gif

i have a pair of klf-30's powered by a dynaco sca-35 tube amp....

truly an amazing sound..... esp. on classical and jazz.... they also have the guts to really blow me away on rock and even on some drum corp recordings that i have....

i picked up these at a pawn shop for $600 about a week after i had purchased a pair of rf-3's...

needless to say the rf-3's were quickly sold to a co-worker!!!!

I have never listened to the Heritage line but I do have the 30s with tube gear. I've had SS connected to the 30s and the slam was there. Of course not as much bass with tubes, but overall the sound is good. Like a previous poster, I haven't really observed the brightness issues with my 299 at louder volumes, but the brightness was very apparent with the SS gear.

Gospel music is what I listen to with some jazz mixed in and I must say that it sounds good. I listen at the 3-4 range on the volume knob. When I return stateside I will audition other speakers in my home, but for $800 brand new for the 30s, I'll hold on to them for a while.