My new Heresy II external crossovers

cyto

Cyto, these look really cool. You do neat looking work. Could you say more about the individual parts. Also, wondering about the new plate on the back. I'm curious about the three pairs of binding posts.

The three pairs of binding posts are required with the crossovers being external unless you want to hard wire them but I want to be able to remove them. It also makes it easier to keep the seal. I also want to be able to put them back to factory spec so i left the terminal cups/crossovers intact.

The top pair go to the tweeter, middle to the squawker and the bottom to the bass. The respective wires go from the crossover to them.

Keep in mind that I changed the crossover requirements by using K-28-E woofers that are 4 ohm rather than the 8 ohm k-24-k.

Parts list:

two Clarity cap ESA capacitors and one Madisound Sidewinder 16awg air core inductor in the tweeter circuit.

one 3636 Bob Crites autoformer (painted black) and one Clarity cap ESA capacitor in the squawker circuit.

one Madisound Sledgehammer steel laminate core inductor and one Solen FastCap capacitor in the bass circuit

Mounted on 1/4" black acrylic with all connections on barrier strips to make changes fast and easy.

By the way I am really diggin' the sound [:D]

David