ATTN S/E Michigan forum members

bhenry

If anyone cares:

I stopped in at Alma's today on a whim. I haven't been in there in years and was surprised to see a set of maple RF-7's (original). It looks like they have signed back up with Klipsch and will be stocking them soon. Pat (the salesman) wasn't sure if they were getting Reference of Heritage or both so I'll have to check back later. This is good to see if I'm ever market again. They also had a decent "used" section.

That's interesting. Almas carried Klipsch for decades. Then a place up Woodward carried Klipsch, but it closed recently. Perhaps Almas is filling the void.

Did you enjoy drivng among all the Cobras, Vettes, hot rods, etc., as the Woodward Dream Cruise gears up?

Right, Audio/Video Systems took Klipsch from Alma's (because of proximity), then they shut down so it sounds like Alma's got it back. AVS still has a store in Rochester on Rochester Road north of 59.

Yes and no on the Dream Cruise thing. I like the cars but it makes it difficult to work around here. I'm an electrical contractor so I use Woodward quite often but the Cruise really screws me.

Right, Audio/Video Systems took Klipsch from Alma's (because of proximity), then they shut down so it sounds like Alma's got it back. AVS still has a store in Rochester on Rochester Road north of 59.

Yes and no on the Dream Cruise thing. I like the cars but it makes it difficult to work around here. I'm an electrical contractor so I use Woodward quite often but the Cruise really screws me.

Come on its only once a year! I am not going this year, big bummer since I have not missed a WDC since 2000 :(

rennoc442 said, "Come on its only once a year!"

It's "once a year," but when you live here it's all summer. Yesterday afternoon it took me three times as long as usual to get from Birmingham to Berkley because I was foolish to use Woodward. The cars, lawn chairs and gawkers were out in force. It was heavier than the first few official Cruises.

Every nice weekend all summer is a mini Cruise. The muscle cars were lined up to pay >$8/gal. for 100+ octane racing gas at the Citgo last weekend.

I like cars, but you can only enjoy so many Vettes, Cobra (replicas), GTOs (Ferrari or Pontiac) and, yes, even 442s. You can't throw a dead cat without hitting a 57 Chevy, W-30, Hemi 'Cuda, or the like. It's getting so the rat rods and odd ball cars are more interesting than the pristine classics.

Many businesses along Woodward (including the closest branch of my bank) will be closed on Saturday 8/18 rather than fight the Cruise traffic. Now their parking lots are taken over every evening by cruisers and Cruise watchers.