Help with choosing amp/reciever for rf-82ii

Supernaskov

Hey guys !

Planning to set up a HT in my living room.

Since it is going to be a little bit costy for me, i going to purchase all the components in several stages:

Stage 1: The fronts (rf-82ii) and a reciever.

Stage 2: Center + an amp for the fronts.

Stage 3: Back and sub

and so on.

Hopping to get a reciever for 1000-1500 usd and later an amp for under 1000.

Any suggestions on the reciever and the amp for later purchase ?

And overall is my plan any good ?

p.s. Here' s a link to a lame blueprint of my living room which i drew earlier. Just in case it can be any help

http://i48.tinypic.com/mt5jer.jpg

First off welcome! Sounds like you have a good plan. Peicing together what you want is better than buying what you can afford at the time. 1000-1500 just avr price? Or towers in there too? 82's are great speakers. I owned a pair and think they sounded great off my avr alone. However there are a few here that have amped them with an emotiva amp. Either xpa-3 or xpa-5. There is quite a lot at that price range. The denon avr-4311ci is supposed to be phoneominal at it's price point. Should be around 1300. And it has great amps to last you a while till you move to separate amps. And not sure if you know but you can get better prices than msrp for your speakers. You have to call mike at acoustic sound design. You will not be disappointed! let us know if you have any more questions.

why not go straight to a pre/pro since you have plans on getting an amp? then my suggestion would be a emotiva umc / xpa-5 combo, only 1400 for the two and you dont need to get an amp later then unless you expand to 7 channels, you could however upgrade to the xmc later on

otherwise receivers choices vary wildly on what options you wish to have, imo most receiver options really seem to be fluff now just to keep prices up

and welcome to the forum

I have the 4311 matched with the 82 IIs, and I am very happy with the sound. Check out electronics expo and use the coupon code GRANDSLAM at checkout for a price around $1350ish (depending on where you live/taxes). You can read a little bit of how I feel about the AVR on the last post on this page. Good luck with building your system =^)

Very good plan! I would do as suggested earlier and get the Emotiva UMC-1/XPA-5 combo. It fits in your budget nicely and in that price range, I don't think the sound quality could be beat. You also get an upgrade card for their XMC-1 too you can either sell or use. The HDMI can be a little buggy on it, especially some of the DVRs, but mine works great with my blu-ray player and xbox and cd player.

First of all thank you all for such swift replies !

I am currently looking at a yamaha vx-r1071 as a receiver for my set up. Good reviews so far and

has all the pre outs neeeded

Another thing as i live in Russia, it is nearly impossible for me to get any of Emotiva products. I have read a lot

about this brand and i really like it, but since they do delivery only in US i will have to chose some other

amp for my system.

p.s. of course the price ranges i included exclude the speakers (1000-1500 for receiver and 1000 for apm)

The price range for denon avr-4311 here is around 3000 usd so it is rather pricey for me