Corn-Scala Build, more driver questions :)

Well the time is fastly approaching to build my Corn-Scala's that I have wanted for sooo long. I have some additional questions that I am hoping you guys can help me out with.

First off, are there any other decent 2 inch drivers that would mate well with Dave Harris' Eliptrack 400 horn, but cost less than the $500 for the pair? My budget is getting kind of thin, and right now the best price that I have been able to find on the B&C DE750TN is $275 bucks each or $550 for the pair. That, coupled with the price of those Elip-Track horns, will cost over $1,000- for just the drivers and horns.

Speaking of which, how do the B&C DE750TN's compare to the B&C DE85TN's or the DE250TN's, or possibly even Bob Crites CT-125?

Another question that I have is how would a treo of Corn-Scala's with the DE750TN's mated with the Elip-Track 400's and 4 of the Dayton Pro-10's, sound, compared to a Corn-Scala with the K-402 horn with a Klipsch driver (not sure which one would be the best to use?) and the same 4 Dayton Pro-10's?

To put it directly, how does the B&C DE750TN compare to the K-402 with what ever driver Klipsch uses? What about compared to the K-510 with the standard Klipsch driver?

If you want a low cost implementation you can use the original cornscala configuration which was a k-400 horn and k-55 mid driver.....you would need a deeper cab.

If you want a low cost implementation you can use the original cornscala configuration which was a k-400 horn and k-55 mid driver.....you would need a deeper cab.

Or use Dave Harris' Fastrac for the Cornwall with K55, fits in the original Cornwall cabinet. You can use the factory crossover (re-capped) untill your budget allows for an appropriate crossover.

The PAudio BMD750 drivers are still available, for $189 each. Those are what Klipsch rebranded for sale with the 402. Orange COunty Speaker has them for $179. There are better, but they are still very good.

Bruce