klipsch sub-12 problem

synergyfreak

dont know a lot since have always upgraded in the past before my subs have gone out, when playing music the sub doesnt put out any bass, and most non HD programming, even ps3 audio which is normally where it shines. I have only tried playing games not bu-rays yet. HD programming on my direct tv, plays good and can hear the base just wondering if this might be a setting issue with my pioneer elite receiver; I check crossover settings and its at 80 hertz for all the speakers, just seems to odd to me only works on certain HD programming.

That sounds like what MCACC did to my speakers. Everything was set to large except the center RC 64. I changed the setting to small with keep speakers system and ran auto MCACC. This way the subs are always being used. If your bass seems loud or a little boomy, run MCACC with THX settings or see if theire is a boudry gain control for the sub. XO of 80 Hz is a good blend to match the sub to the mains.

yeah just used thx setting and turned it on and re-ran the mcacc program another question it appears have wired the speakers into wrong inputs, meaning the mcacc on screen program shows my side surrounds as my rear speakers and vice versa, how much of difference does it make to me i dont notice it because they are rb-61's and rs-52 side surrounds in 7.1 setup.

Correct the wiring. You will notice it with certain movie parts where the surround sound is panning around the room. When I first setup my system I accidentally wired the surround and surround back incorrectly. I did not think it made a big difference at first, but X-Men First Class clearly showed the bad panning of the surround. It was the part with the anchor flying around.

• 2 months later...

How is everyone. I have had my system for a while now and just upgraded to a 12 sub from the 10. I was going through my Yamaha HD receiver and saw the large and frequency adjustments and I am wondering what's going on with these adjustments. If someone could explain to me how to use these in conjunction with the 7.1 system that I have. Everything sounds good to me but info is always good.

yeah just used thx setting and turned it on and re-ran the mcacc program another question it appears have wired the speakers into wrong inputs, meaning the mcacc on screen program shows my side surrounds as my rear speakers and vice versa, how much of difference does it make to me i dont notice it because they are rb-61's and rs-52 side surrounds in 7.1 setup.

How do you like the RB 61's? I am about ready to purchase a set myself, but do not have any place to give them a listen. I will only be using the Denon AVR1613 (75W) to push them, hoping that's going to be enough?

How do you like the RB 61's? I am about ready to purchase a set myself, but do not have any place to give them a listen. I will only be using the Denon AVR1613 (75W) to push them, hoping that's going to be enough?

I have the RB-61 IIs and yes their sound is great. If you're debating over getting some then you should go ahead and pick them up (unless you can go bigger...like floorstanders) I used them as my front main speakers until I was able to upgrade to floorstanders. The soundstage on the 61s is pretty impressive...there were plenty of times when the sound went beyond the speaker (sound seemed to come about 4 feet past the left channel on the left side of the room and the same for the right speaker) they do have a nice full bodied sound. The bass from them is pretty impresssive....and your Denon should be enough to push them....they are pretty sensitive speakers. I used an entry level Onkyo to push mines when I had them as my main speakers and they sounded fine....now I'm using a Harman Kardon to drive them in my 2 channel setup. Just make sure you play around with your settings to try and get the best sound...On my Harman they sounded alright but really came alive with that big speaker sound once I switched to Logic 7 mode.....so run the Audessy setup and see how it sounds....then double check your levels with a SPL meter and tweak from there.

I also had the same problem no place to listen to them first and just took a chance i had rb-51's in front first ever setup, before going with rb-61's which moved to the rear setup, but like the person here just said in the new surround formats, and dialing in your surround setting will sound even better. I still even have my old rb-51's which tried selling over the last year with no success.