klipsch KPT-484

carlthess40

I have 2 kpt-484 subs that I am running in my HT setup, i was using a soundcraftsmen 5002 amp and it just did not have the power i was looking for, now i am using a yamaha P5000S and WOW,

what I need to know is I know that these subs have a lot of low end in them but its just not there, Should I use an eq with them and if so what kind do you guys think would be the best. I am getting a box to turn the rca to xlr for the amp as its a pro amp.

I have a few house eq's around here but just dont think they will do it for the lows, I'm not looking to get crazy with going down to 15 hz just get as close to 23 or 24 hz.

any info and help you guys can give me would be great.

thanks

carl

Carl, I'm 'just up the road' a bit...

If you are ever in the neighborhood and want to hear what the Danley DTS-10's can do, you're welcome to come by. I just got them and because I've loaned one of my active crossovers out, I'm short a crossover. Therefore, I can run the Jubilee's in stereo and not play with the Danley's at all (yes, two of them) or, I can do a mono-Jubilee and play around with one or both of the Danley's.

Right now, for kicks & grins, I'm doing the mono-Jube and dual Danley's. I don't have anything calibrated. Just rough tuned, crossing at 40hz to the subs.

It's already bringing a smile to me what they can do when there is content in the music. I had one CD in and was hearing/feeling nothing. Disks changed and Blue Man Group was next. Suddenly, the sound had some meat & the floor was shaking.... this was while keeping a conversation going with John.

There was hardly any volume going on (no cranking and the neighbors probably knew nothing going on). I'm looking forward to the Saturday/Sunday when the neighbors are gone and I can let loose for a couple songs to get a good feel for what these can do. (pun not intended)

Anyways... I'm in Jax for a while.

you're not going to get 20-something from those cabinets. What you can do is give it a nice bump (6-10 db) around 30 with a steep cutoff around 26 or so (to keep from blowing stuff up). That's what the guys do on the Jubilee bass bins and a lot of guys do on pro rigs to squeeze a bit more LF out of them.