Recommendations for a Klipsch speaker 2.1 music set-up?

StratCountry

I just went back to check you budget, Cornwall's for sure. no Question...i might even save my cash and splurge on La Scala's...

Spend all your cash on the speakers, and get a Sub later...

A BIG..... +1.gif

I've always said: Get the best main speakers you can afford, you won't be sorry!

Go with the Heritage line, again, you won't be sorry!

BTW, Welcome to the Klipsch Forums Jerome, we're glad you're here. [<:o)]

Dennie

I just went back to check you budget, Cornwall's for sure. no Question...i might even save my cash and splurge on La Scala's... Spend all your cash on the speakers, and get a Sub later...

A BIG..... +1.gif

I've always said: Get the best main speakers you can afford, you won't be sorry!

BTW, Welcome to the Klipsch Forums Jerome, we're glad you're here. Party!!!

Dennie

Thanks Dennie, I have to agree with you, "Get the best speakers that can afford". This morning, I came up with the same conclusion. As Turbox said, "With "bookshelf" speakers, they are just that, not really meant for a big sound stage. It depends on what you want, and by the sounds of it Bookshelf isn't going to cut it for you". I think I was fooling myself that bookshelf speakers would work for me because of my tight budget.

I've had the DBX Soundfield V speakers with 15" bass drivers, for over 25 years, to me they have always sounded super. Figured now, with both ribbon tweeters blown last month on the speakers, good a reason as any to upgrade to another long term pair of speakers. The way it looks now, I may be able to bite on the Heresy III in a few months. The other suggested speakers mentioned on previous posts is way out of my grasp for sure. But with the Heresy III, I am actually getting excited on owning them, unlike the bookshelf speakers, I really couldn't get in the zone for them.

I just went back to check you budget, Cornwall's for sure. no Question...i might even save my cash and splurge on La Scala's... Spend all your cash on the speakers, and get a Sub later...

A BIG..... +1.gif

BTW, Welcome to the Klipsch Forums Jerome, we're glad you're here. Party!!!

Dennie

Thanks Dennie, I have to agree with you, "Get the best speakers that can afford". This morning, I came up with the same conclusion. As Turbox said, "With "bookshelf" speakers, they are just that, not really meant for a big sound stage. It depends on what you want, and by the sounds of it Bookshelf isn't going to cut it for you". I think I was fooling myself that bookshelf speakers would work for me because of my tight budget.

I've had the DBX Soundfield V speakers with 15" bass drivers, for over 25 years, to me they have always sounded super. Figured now, with both ribbon tweeters blown last month on the speakers, good a reason as any to upgrade to another long term pair of speakers. The way it looks now, I may be able to bite on the Heresy III in a few months. The other suggested speakers mentioned on previous posts is way out of my grasp for sure. But with the Heresy III, I am actually getting excited on owning them, unlike the bookshelf speakers, I really couldn't get in the zone for them.

Watch your local "Craigslist" and have some cash on hand, Klipsch Heritage don't usually last long. [;)]

I picked up my '79 La Scalas from the original owner for $1100 and put another $300 into Type AA/A Crossovers from Bob and Michael Crites and I never EVER think about "upgrading" my speakers. It's a great feeling at a great price. There's a quote that goes something like.... "It takes a lot of money to find out you don't need to spend a lot of money on speakers/gear".

Keep your eyes open and ask questions. We love this stuff and this is a great "Family" forum that will be glad to help.

Dennie

Agree totally...Dennie, i think we need to be more persuasive here...hang on... there we go, Buy the Dang Cornwall's or else....

Whoa!!! Hold off my friend, I think he's beginning to see the light...

CIMG0091.JPG

Dennie .... rolling.gif

Dern you guys! Getting my hopes up high like that.

I know I deserve the best where music sound quality is concerned, especially now nearing the big R (retirement) age. The best I can do, and it's quite a stretch, with my & my wife's weekly income, is to do the Heresy III, it's alot better than the RB-61 II, and I feel better about it!

After the Heresy III purchase, I'll do an Elite Klipsch Speaker escrow, in a few years, one of the Cornwall III, La Scala, Chorus or Forte speaker pair will be in my living room without the guilt feeling of the newcomers.

I'll keep in touch and let you guys know when I'm nearing the purchase stage.

Thanks,

Jerome