Klipsch 7.4 THX Ultra 2

mcgonzi

well me and my OCD would say four across the front like the picture on the klipsch forum. stacked would give you a couple more DB's. but i think the very best configuration at least that i have seen reccomended (but most won't do it) is mid wall on all four walls. then you get the even output your looking for with that many subs. or you could corner load all of them but it might get boomy.

Well I `am using the 4 Subs KW-120 stacked behind the 120 perforated screen and on top of the stack I put the KL- 650`s , the Center is also at the same height . They are in ear height when sitting just like the 650 backs and the KS- 525.

Going from 2 Subs to 4 subs makes a big difference on impact you don`t need a back massage after listening at high levels, it is great

Well I `am using the 4 Subs KW-120 stacked behind the 120 perforated screen and on top of the stack I put the KL- 650`s , the Center is also at the same height . They are in ear height when sitting just like the 650 backs and the KS- 525.

Going from 2 Subs to 4 subs makes a big difference on impact you don`t need a back massage after listening at high levels, it is great

What are you running your 650's and 525's with? I started out with two at first as well, which was already beyond phenomenal, but went ahead and bought another pair.

One centered on each of the 4 walls should give the most even coverage per a Harman white paper.

Is that in a completely square room though? And how would one with an open concept area take that into consideration?

Not necessarily square (the WORST shape for decent sound) but a room with 4 sides.

An open area doesn't suffer from cancellations like a closed area. No waves bouncing off the walls back into the room.

I suppose I just like messing around with the 120's all the time. There's some songs that dig below 20hz that make the house want to fall apart, depending on their location, but also, if they're placed else where, it makes other songs sound completely amazing. I might need some help on this one haha

• 2 weeks later...

One centered on each of the 4 walls should give the most even coverage per a Harman white paper.

Is that in a completely square room though? And how would one with an open concept area take that into consideration?

that is what I suggested above. And also why most do not do it. One would not want a sub out in the middle for someone to trip over all the time. Very impractical, but nonetheless supposed to be the very best for even output in every seat.