KLF-C7

pmanaudio

Hello I own a KLF-C7 that i'm very happy with. What I have never understood is why did Klipsch Engineers roll off the low frequency to the 85 Hz area?

7.1 receivers have full bandwidth on all 8 ch's. Has anyone out there modified this baby's cross over network to increase the Low frequency response? I never hear much bass coming out of these....My friend has a RC-7 and that has so much lower frequency info coming out of it. Granted that the frequency response on that is 45hz to 20Khz. and when someone has a deeper voice, the dialog is so much more clearer. Anyone?

Hello Derrickdj1,

Thanks for your take on it. Yeah I understand your point of view however 75Hz is not low enough.

In Movie theaters you hear that chesty voice and that to me sounds a heck of a lot more natural.

Besides Dialog a lot of movies do put other effects in there and because of the high shelving you miss out the depth of the effects.

After all 7.1 Receivers all are giving you the full spectrum so why have any shelving on the Center Channel?

As an experiment, ask your friend if you could borrow his RC-7 and see if it has the same bass extension that you heard at his house. Perhaps, it is your set up, and or room placement or receiver that is inhibiting the bass response of the C-7 in some way.