Opinions Needed. Choosing Multi-Channel Amp

Klipschht

I have the hiss, but it's only audible when my ear is pretty much right in the horn. For me though, there are a few things that have caused the hissing to become louder. The first time I heard the hissing get louder than normal, and I could hear it from the couch, was because one of the cables on the back of the amp somehow got pulled out a little ways. I just turned it off, pushed the cord back in as far as it would go, and the hissing was gone when I turned it back on.

Another time I had relatively louder hissing was after I rewired the HT because one of my speakers went out (end up being a UMC-1 problem). I end up using a different RCA cable I had connected to somewhere else in my system for the amp. When I switched the cable to a higher quality one, that hissing was gone.

So if the hissing is clearly audible without holding your ear up to the speaker, I would either make sure the cables are all plugged in all the way or try swapping them with other cables and see it helps.

First off I am not trying to start a flame war or anything like that. I have not seen people on this forum act that way but I guess I should say that up front. This is my first thread so if I should move it else where please let me know. I currently have an Emotiva Xpa-5, right now I am considering purchasing an Xpa-2 or a Parasound A-21. I am not trying to bash Emotiva, however I have a hiss coming from the tweeters of my RF-7 II 's and RC-64 II. I am going to make the outlet a totally seperate and dedicated circuit, however Emotiva said that this really should not have an effect. I have been told that it is because Klipsch are just so effecient and Emotiva amps have a high noise floor. I am keeping my speakers, I want to know does anyone have experience with Parasound and Klipsch, are they dead silent at idle? Do you really get that much for the extra money? On paper the Emotiva and Parasound seem evenly matched, actually the Emotiva has more Watts. :) Has anyone here compared these two with Klipsch Reference speakers, other speakers might hide the hiss. I am sorry about being long winded, and my OCD does not like the hiss from the tweeters. I can run it all off of my Onkyo and it is quiet, Emotiva said it was because of less power, that is not acceptable to me. I want my cake and to eat it too. :)

Thanks

I'm pretty sure Emo has said to not use an xpa with very sensitive speakers.I had a upa7 and it was dead quiet, unlike Parasound which did have a hum.

I owned a XPA-2 and XPA-5 briefly and experienced the hiss. The hiss was tolerable, but I had the 60hz hum with the XPA-5 which wasn't. Apparently an incompatibility with my Integra processor. I think what you're using as a pre makes a big difference in your results. I'm an addict and have had many different amps in my systems. I'd recommend taking a look at some of the B&K amplifiers. They have a very warm sound, which works great with Klipsch. They can be found pretty inexpensive used.

I've had the xpa 5 since July and have the hum also. I think you worded it well W27, I think it's "tolerable" at this point. I'm waiting on a new tv (early Nov) and a stand and when I re plug everything in - I'm going to try to isolate that. I never notice I when listening to music or watching movies. My OCD may kick up the longer I have it, I'm still brand new to the rf 7ii/& using separates arena myself.