Where would Klipschorn sweetspot be in a 17' x 24' Room??

tswei

A more recent article with a bit more granularity:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/storage/7/1807974/JAES_V52_6_PG640.pdf

The rationale for providing this link is that in my particular instance, my room's proportions don't show up as "good" in the original Bolt, et al. paper, but show to be "very good" when looked at by the method discussed in the paper (calculated results that are backed up by spot measurements). My room's proportions are 1.55 and 4 (i.e., room dimensions of 10 feet x 15.5 feet x 40 feet). By figure 15 in the enclosed article, it shows to be a very good combination of room ratios.

This matches what my ears have already told me.

If your room has an 8-foot-high ceiling, then the ratios for a 17 x 24 room would also be very good (2.1 and 3), if I read figure 14 (for an 100 cubic meter room) correctly.

Chris

• 2 years later...

Acoustics deepend on room dimensions, on placement of reflective , absorption and deflection surfaces throughout the room and on, of course,  speaker characteristics and speaker placement. ie unless we are acoustical engineers,  a lot of trial and error. But then too, even acoustical engineers can be wrong as in Avery Fisher Hall @ Lincoln Center, NYC initially and through many subsequent "adjustments".

I'm totally a Klipschorn newb, but I like simplicity so here goes!

1) put the speakers in the corner.

2) From your listening position both mid horns should be pointed directly at you so that if the grill covers were off you could look right down the throat of the mid horns from your listening position by simply turning your head left or right.

3) plop down a chair and immerse! Done deal! BOOM!

post-56362-0-22880000-1427253599_thumb.j

Edited by Trentster5172

On a serious note I'm on the short wall too and very close to the no no of 19 feet apart which as I understand it amplifies a 60 hz electrical hum (if I researched correctly). I'm sitting right at 18.5' apart in a room that is 48 feet long. I've heard all about acoustic panels but haven't got too caught up in it yet either. If I clap my hands I can only hear an echo if I'm dead center in the room with my bean bags moved away from the walls.. I can't duplicate it from my entire listening area. Generally not seen in my room pics are my two large bean bags and my sound panel that I stick in my window. These things all but eliminate echos. Without them I admit there are some echos. Also in the back of my room the corners are around the corner so bass coming back isn't an issue either. Plus my carpet helps. You can get real scientific but trial and error!

post-56362-0-45920000-1427254664_thumb.j

post-56362-0-81360000-1427254696_thumb.j