Speaker ID (Forte 1?)

bwilbur

Hey Brian: the Forte has a 12" passive and it uses a K701 mid horn (same as a Heresy) the Forte ll has a 15" passive and it uses a larger hybrid Tractrix mid horn. Looks like you have a Forte there. Best regards Moray James.

PS: not much point in posting a picture of a speaker with a grill on when you are looking for ID.

Thanks Moray! That is what I had suspected (and hoped). I was looking for a confirmation before I made the ride to pick them up.

PS. In fairness, the speakers are not yet in my possession so that was the only pic that I had. I suspected that the dimensions could confirm that it was forte 1 or 2 and that the passive (and possibly the terminal cup shape) might differentiate between 1 or 2.

Regards,

Brian

Good luck on your pick up of the Forte speakers. I was not attempting to dis you over the picture and I understand your situation and sometimes it is the only picture you may have. I just wanted readers to take a second thought. The ID question is a common one and the number of times you will see a cell phone picture out of focus in the dark of a black grill with nothing in the frame for size reference, asking what is this?You can see the same thing in for sale adds black grills when what potential buyers want to see is details of all imperfections and all the drivers to check for possible damage. That's all nothing personal.

You cannot go wrong with a Forte or a Forte ll both fine speakers. Let us know how it all goes and when you are ready and or interested let the modifications begin. Best regards Moray James.