Receiver to power KF-28 towers

david.brogdon

The 15's didn't do it for me. They seemed really directional and im using mine for HT more so I took them back and got the 14's. really enjoy them! They're never used for music or anything. I do use them for gaming. They really helped in "surrounding" myself in the movies I watch. If you're listening to music a lot I'd lean more towards the 15's though. I was forced to put mine behind vs the side due to the kitchen area but they still sound great.

Well in that case i might as well do 7.1 system and put the 15's in the side of the room directed twoard the seats and the 14's in the rear for ture surround. Or would that be over kill for music, PS3, and then Movies. I play movies and my PS3 more then music anyway. plus music ill have over just the 2 mains anyway... I think it would be wierd haveing music coming from every direction. But then again IDK thats my thoughts :)

Well in that case i might as well do 7.1 system and put the 15's in the side of the room directed twoard the seats and the 14's in the rear for ture surround.

In my experience, direct radiator work better as rears and the WDST work better as surrounds. If you have room, it will not be overkill.

Well to begin my room is roughly 13' by 20', im geussin. But about 4 ft. i dont use cuz of stairs into the basment so 13' by 16' do you think i should just surround rears (KS-14 or S-10). See ive also thought about moving the tv to use the whole leangth of the basment so i would use the 20' as the distance to the tv. but that will only happen if i get a 70 or 80'' TV. which i would love. But after thinkin about it untill i move my TV the other direction in the room i dont think it will be of much use to go 7.1 becasue the speakers would only be about 6' apart from the front of the room to the rear. N i think that may be to close to really get a good feeling from the sound. Ill draw up my room n post a pic wih the distances maybe that will help u guys know what im workin with.

I'm actually running long ways in my living room. In about 16-18 feet from the tv. I only use 5.1. A friend has his 7.1 set up and I really couldn't hear much difference. I'm not saying for sure if he has his settings correct or anything but it don't seem like most movies are on 7.1. I see a lot of 5.1 myself

I can't really comment on anything but Yamaha. That's all I've ever own (excluding a kenwood I had years ago). I've always like the user friendly options of Yamaha so I stayed with them. I think receivers are a lot of user related weather they like then or not. Same as speakers. If you look at a Yamaha I could prolly give some recommendations though. I'm sure somebody here can chime in on the one you're looking at