Klipsch RC-7 8" driver not available anymore?

Kain

Please have a look at this thread: http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/169337.aspx

Basically, I have to replace the right woofer/driver on my RC-7 because it buzzes at certain frequencies. When I e-mailed my local Klipsch dealer, they said that they didn't have
the RC-7 driver in stock and would have to check with the factory. Then
they got back to me today and said that the supply of this driver is
deplete and is no longer in supply. Is this true? What can I do? Should I
contact the Parts Department directly even though I am not in the US? Have they really stopped making these drivers?

You're looking for a K-1038-SB.

I think you mean K-1083-SB?

By the way, the woofers in the RC-7, RF-3, RF-3 II, and RF-5 are all the same?

Yes, that was a typo.

As far as I know, the RF-5. RF-3 II and RC-7 only share the same driver. I think the driver in the RF-3 is different.

EDIT:

The RC-7 woofer is the same as the the RF-5 and RF-3 (and both -II series) woofers.

I think it can be seen as a rule (at least in the classic Reference series.)

Single woofer systems and double woofer systems do not share woofers.

RB-5 woofers (single woofer systems) are the same as RS-7 woofers (also single woofer systems).

BTW,

I have an NOS 1084 woofer used in the RB-5 (and 5-II) and RS-7.

I also have a few NOS 1083 woofers used in the RF-5 and RF-3 (and the RF-3-II) and the RC-7...

If you need a 1083, send me a PM.

Noah

I found the driver for the RC-7: http://reconingspeakers.com/products-page/brands/klipsch-rc-7-8-speaker/

However, in the picture of the driver on that Web site it says "K-1083-SV" but on the Klipsch Web site it says "K-1083-SB" in the specs section for the RC-7.

Which is right?

The link I posted in the post before this one says it is for the RF-3. However, in the picture of the driver, it says "K-1083-SB" on it just like what it says in the specs section for the RC-7 on the Klipsch Web site.

Welcome to Klipsch nomenclature BINGO!

There's not much chance that you will get used to it but, you will come to expect it...

Those two (the SV and SB) are the same unit and might be marked SB or SV or not at all, depending on the day of the week.

SV refers to Video shielding where as SB refers to a Bucking magnet.

Effectively the same thing as under the cap on the one marked SV (in this case) there is a second magnet glued on (a "bucking magnet") that affords you the video shielding (that we no longer need unless you have a CRT monitor/TV close to it...)

Were it me in your place, I would look at the live one that still resides in my RC-7 and buy the one that matches it.

For esthetic reasons alone - $1 difference in price not withstanding (as the units are effectively the same.)

BTW, those prices are NOT out of line (close to Klipsch factory prices when these were still in stock...)

Thanks for the resource, good looking out! (to the OP of that link.)

Noah

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to open-up my RC-7 and have a look inside. The driver currently in my RC-7 that needs to be replaced is labeded K-1083-SV. My local Klipsch dealer can only get me the K-1083-SB. Nothing to worry about, right?

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up buying the K-1083-SV (because that is what is currently inside my RC-7) from the following Web site: http://reconingspeakers.com/products-page/brands/klipsch-rc-7-8-speaker/

Soon after I placed my order, the Web site states that this driver is not available anymore and is replaced by K-1083-SB. Seems like I bought the last one and more won't be available.

Lucky me! [H]