Amplifier advice

MichaelandKlipsch

I have a question regarding my Amplifier, I have the Parasound 5250 V2 and was wondering if I shold swap it for a Sunfire. I have a friend who has a Mint condition Sunfire TGA 7200 (7chx200w) that he would sell to me for $1200.00 which I know is a great price for it. I have a few interested people who I could sell my Parasound for about $1700. I was wondering if any of you would take the Sunfire over the Parasound and or then I could use the Sunfire for 7 Channels and buy a good 2ch amp for my mains later on? Any opinions? I know the Sunfires in general have a warmer sound then the Parasound and my Elite is a warm sounding receiver maybe they would pair better? Thanks in advance for any advice.

One of my biggest concerns is many people describe the Sunfire amps as Warm. Im not too big on Warm as from what I understand it is more heavy on bass and mids but lacks the amount of detail as a neutral amp provides. Im more of a neutral sound type of person but for all I know the Warm sound of Sunfire may be incorrect? Anyone have a sunfire amp paired with klipsch? How is the detail brought out of the speakers? I can always keep the parasound 5250 v2 and add the Mcintosh 2 channel amp later for the mains and just allow the Elite SC-55 power my surround backs and if I ever use the heights the heights? What say you fellow KlipschHolics?

One of my biggest concerns is many people describe the Sunfire amps as Warm. I’m not too big on Warm as from what I understand it is more heavy on bass and mids but lacks the amount of detail as a neutral amp provides. I’m more of a neutral sound type of person but for all I know the Warm sound of Sunfire may be incorrect?

I too prefer an amplifier with a more neutral signature and that is why I continue to stick with my Acurus amps. With that said, I just sold a Sunfire Cinema Grand 5-channel 200x5 amplifier but did not find it to be overly warm. It was a "warmish" and powerful amp and also pretty detailed in the mids and highs but I would definitely say it wasn't as detailed as my Acurus amps. Where it stacks up in sound signature with the Parasound, I can't really say.

Truthfully, you can't go wrong with either the Parasound or the Sunfire. Both have gobs of power that will drive most speakers on the market. If buying the Sunfire and selling the Parasound will put $500.00 in your pocket and 2 extra channels, how can you really go wrong?

Bill