New Room

wstanger

• Moderators

Very nice I would love to have a projector and screen like that, one day maby.

Other can help about treatments but I would start by putting the mains pointed slightly away from the side wall and not straight ahead, just a little at least.

Looks nice.[Y]

Sit where you normally would sit to watch a movie. Have someone slide a mirror on the side wall starting close to the L and R speakers. When you see the reflection of the speaker, you'll know where to put the panel to absorb the first reflection point.

Very nice I would love to have a projector and screen like that, one day maby.

Other can help about treatments but I would start by putting the mains pointed slightly away from the side wall and not straight ahead, just a little at least.

Looks nice.Yes

Thank You

I thought I would try out a projector

Should have done it years ago

CECAA850

Thanks for the mirror tip.

I have to purchase or make some panels so I thought I would get some input before I start.

I was wondering if I should frame in the opening to room and add a door also.

4'x8' Opening has no door now

A sealed room will normally give you more bass than a room with open doors.

Sit where you normally would sit to watch a movie. Have someone slide a mirror on the side wall starting close to the L and R speakers. When you see the reflection of the speaker, you'll know where to put the panel to absorb the first reflection point.

That's a neat trick! I'll have to remember that when I finally have a dedicated HT room. I don't know much about room treatments, but I can testify to having a closed listening area. The sound is just so much more enveloping, and like CECAA850 said, the bass will be noticeably better.