Question on RT-12 12" subwoofer specs.

longdrive03

I bought this woofer off ebay as a direct replacement for the RT-12 woofers. It looks like the RT-12 and is very massive and impressive. When I tested the woofer on Woofer Tester 2 version 7 the Fs was 39 Hz which seems extremely high. I ran a breakin using a 30hz tone for a full day and Fs didn't change. I've attached some pics.

I had a RSW-12 sub that I pulled the woofer on and tested and it was 24Hz Fs. It doesn' thave the "tall boy" surround the RT-12 has. This throws off my sub project. Also, it has a 5.5ohm impedance - not the 4 ohm impedance I was expecting.

Anyone help appreciated. Thanks.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jay, thanks for the response. The Fs surprised me since the Fs on the K-1113-T woofer I bough was 24.5Hz. I'm building a larger RT-12 cabinet (37" tall) with two 12" passive radiators (blown out K-111-T woofers) with 450 grams on each. Right now I plan on using the Dayton Ultimax 12 which has a 26Fs. Here's what the cabinet will look like.

Posted Image

That driver is actually pretty impressive looking. It looks like the Xmax should be pretty high, did you do any free-air testing to get a rough estimate of what it can do? It looks like 20mm shouldn't be a problem for it. I'm surprised the FS is that high - the surround looks pretty stiff and I would have expected it in the mid to low 20s. Nice project there, that bracing in the center is pretty serious. I like to model subwoofers for fun, would you mind PMing me the T/S parameters?