IPad Issue

CIGARBUM

I have recently purchased a IPad ( WiFi only) and am having a problem getting my mail to work. It seems to work fine at the few places I hang out at.

I have the IMac with the Time Machine as my external hard drive and WiFi, the IPad, and IPhone 5. Everything get a good signal and the only issue is when I try to get the mail from the IPad, it tells me I do not have the proper connection. Yesterday I took it over to the internet provider in my area and had them look at it, the messed with it and got it up and running. I went from there to the cigar store and it worked fine there, then went home and didn't work, everything worked at home except the mail function. I have other things working from the wifi that work at home but only the mail function on the IPad does not want to work.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Cigarbum

My wife's iPad was doing the same thing at home, if she closed out of her mail on the iMac she could get it on the iPad, then if she didn't close the mail app on the iPad she couldn't get her mail on the iMac.I got it working, but can't really remember how( lotta help , huh)

what I do know is you have to make sure you have the same pop accounts on your computer and iPad, ...also I absolutely know if you go to Apple Support Communities ....( google it) you can do a search and find answers to most problems with Apple products.

sorry I couldn't give you a better answer

Mark

• 5 months later...
  • Moderators

Do you have it setup as a POP3 or IMAP? I prefer to use IMAP, that way all of the emails remain on the server and you can access any received or sent emails from any device. If you delete and email from one device, it will delete it from the others since it's done on the server.