Missed Fisher Model 150

fini

The sonic dismembrator is essential for any serious audiophile. It vibrates, illuminates, and fans while sonically dismembrating. Do you need the schematic? I put extra high value capacitors in mine and it is extremely musical and has maximum soul with Klipsch. Very responsive to tube rolling, eg. every tube you put in has its own distinctive sonic fingerprint or footprint, depending.

BTW, fini, you can hold out for a better price than that one.

Hope this helps.

-kelp and seaweed

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

Hmmm, looking to increase your family by cloning, fini? That instrument is used for lyses (killing) of cells preparatory to extracting DNA components in a centrifuge.

Je suis fini... bzzzzzz

cwm28.gif

Sadly, the device is more suited to the shake, rattle and roll found in very tiny theaters... with standing room only. I know you to be bigger than that!

When the seller only got a $9.99 bid for his somewhat outmoded Fisher Scientific gear he must have panicked. In any event, I would suggest that you find materials for building your good vibrations elsewhere. -HornED

This message has been edited by HornEd on 06-20-2002 at 02:29 PM

HornEd- No interest here in cloning, just clowning. Actually, with a name like "dismembrator," I thought this unit might have come from the Lorena Bobbitt collection, and thus be used for anything but increasing one's family size!cwm1.gif

fini

All clowning aside:

For preparing vinyl LPs for maximum audiophile reproduction, you will also need plenty of deflocculant. Mix the deflocculant for 20 minutes, using an automatic shaker, then use the dismembrator to break up any clumps within the mixture. The mint vinyl LP is then homogenized and sonicated using the Fisher Sonic Dismembrator (model 150) for 30 seconds and submitted to two cycles of freezing and thawing before placing on the turntable. This is the ultimate method for preparing your records for optimum play.

Sonic logs yield a slower velocity response through ash beds, due to the lower density.

Once potential ash-rich intervals have been selected, samples will be collected and volcanic glass shards isolated. Samples will be soaked in distilled water and disaggregated within an ultrasonic bath. The samples will then be passed through a 10-micron micro-sieve using a Sonic Dismembrator. If your LP still exhibits imperfections you may also need to use the Fisher Discombobbulator considered by many audiophiles to be the best one from the golden age of tubes. Some audiophiles have indeed relocated further away from active volcanoes and built special speaker corners affectionately called "khorners" filling the cabinets with the glass shards for tighter bass and richer mid range. I know there are those out there who do not believe that the color of the shards makes a difference, but what can I say, there is indeed a big difference, as evidenced by A/B comparisions we have run with at least 5 different colors of shards. Incidentally, the best subwoofer is obtained by filling the basement with approximately 7 tons of the yellow shards.

For further background see Junk:

http://www.geology.uno.edu/~majurik/ThesisProposal.htm

to be continued.....

-snapped, crackled, and popped

------------------

Cornwalls

currently upgrading

to all tube components

This message has been edited by Clipped and Shorn on 06-21-2002 at 01:04 PM