Surrounds for Cornwalls

TheBeast

Im going to buy some cornwall speakers (hopefully soon) and I need to know what to use as surrounds for them. Im probably going to get an academy center. I have heard that the Heresy speakers make good surrounds but I need surrounds that can be mounted on a wall.

Heresys are the smallest speaker that is a good sonic match for your Cornwalls. They can indeed be mounted to walls with the right hardware. I used to see them mounted on the side walls of theaters all the time. Of course, they may look a bit funny on your walls at home.

I have found that the Hereseys do make a very good match with the Corns as that is what I run. In fact they are very close, probably the closest you'll come to matching the sound of the Corns for under 1k(Used of course). However Unless your plan is to go with a full HT setup of Heritage I would highly reccomend using the Heresy's for the center as it make the sould across the front much more seamless where to me at least it seems to be the most noticeable if speakers are not as closely matched as possible. The rears don't need to be as close as of match when your talking about HT(Over 50% of what you hear in HT is out of the center if your running a High Current amp with full range 20-20k on all channels). Simply because for the most part your are hearing the same range of sounds across the front and when they don't mesh together right it is noticeable. When you match the center correctly you really dont even know it's there. What I mean is it's tough to selectivlely pick out the noticeable sound of the center other than direction. The rears are not as imortant as the center however If I was running klipsch on the front and center I would not go with anything other than klipsch in the rear to keep everything in the family.

Unfortunately, there's no easy answer.

You can look at what I've got in my link below in my signature. This works well. It's not the best but the best requires a HUGE room and super strong mounts for flying all your Cornwalls around the room!

I'm currently looking for Academy speakers. They seem impossible to find. I never see them posted on Ebay. I got tired of trying to find some so I got the KLF-C7. It's not a perfect match for the Cornwalls but it's pretty darn good. If I can find Academy's to replace it, I might have to get another for the rear cause I'm not too keen on flying a Heresy over my RPTV or putting a Heresy on top of it.

Like I said, there's no easy answer.

It's a lot easier for those undescerning listeners who just get those little itty bity Bose cubes.. isn't it. cwm27.gif

------------------

Bob Lindabury

SPEAKERS

Fronts: Cornwalls (2)

Center: KLF-C7 (1)

Rears: RS-3's (2)

Sub: AudioSource SW-15

Rear Center: Umm...any suggestions?

AMP: Sony STR-DB1070 6.1

MISC:

Hafler DH-200 Amp;Yamaha C-50 Pre-Amp; Technics SL-1410MK2 Turntable; Sony DVP-S360 DVD

http://www.ravenimaging.com/bobl/audioequip