Favorite Klipsch for the opera/orchestral fan

JJack

Have the klipschorns in my main system now and also own a pair of chorus II's. Have had all the others you listed in my room except la scalas. Khorns are no doubt the best with the orchestra/classical type music. BTW, for me, they are the best of that group with any type music including rock. Some have said they like chorus II's better with rock. Once in a while I hook up my chorus' in the same room just for fun. The chorus' are fantastic speakers in their own right but inevitably I am itching to get the khorns back in the rotation. Their is just no comparison to my ears. They are incredible speakers.

Klipschorns and rock...

No secret here that the pipe organ is my personal favorite. However, on occasion I get some skeptic whose never heard a Klipschorn. I warm up the tubes, open the preamp to about 1 o'clock or so, and start "Beds are Burning" by Midnight Oil. About 130db. The blood almost instantly drains from their faces, their mouths fall open, and their eyeballs stare into space.

I drop the volume after a few seconds and say "Whaddaya THINK?" [6]

Dave

Bought a set of KHorns. When my wife first seen them, the first thing she said "They are Beautiful." Sound good too. Love to turn off the lights and listen to the sound mover back and forth. At times seeming to come from where a center speaker would be. Welcome to the Forum.. ..... [:)] ....Taz

• 4 weeks later...