Small 2 Channel Integrated Amp for Computer

SuBXeRo

I have moved back to az with my gf and our apt at the moment can't really fit my giant *** harman kardon receiver so i was looking for maybe a small class D or class a/b similar to the emotiva amp around 50-100 wpc @ 8 ohms. Just interested in seeing your suggestions. I have done some searches but not much interesting came up. I'd like a quality class d because their for factor can be smaller and this is for my computer which everything is already digital anyways so D vs A/B isnt a concern here.

Ian,

You did not mention a budget but I think you would be very pleased with an NAD C356BEE or C356DAC. Both have plenty of power(80w/ch) and have a lower profile(5 3/4 inch height) and weight(19.2lbs) than your HK. Neither are class D amps but A/B and the C356DAC has a built in high quality DAC.

http://www.spearitsound.com/Integrated_Amplifiers-NAD_C356Bee.html

http://www.spearitsound.com/Integrated_Amplifiers-NAD_C_356_DAC.html

It looks like from the "Used, demos, and specials" list, Spearit Sound will be offering these refurbished for $599.99(BEE) and $699.00(DAC) very soon.

The NAD C326BEE would also be a good choice if you don't need that much power(50w/ch).

Bill

Edited by willland

part of my issue is having a small form factor, i was trying to find something that could fit on top of my computer tower that was reasonably priced and sounded good.i really didnt want to spend more than $300. I would even consider a small DAC with volume control and a small power amp.