Does Klipsch ever go on sale?

Salvador

Thanks, I chated through eamil they offered (2) RF-52 , (1) RC-52 II Center Channel Speaker and (2) RS-42 II Surround Speakers for 1,300 delivered. They then offered me the addition of the PA-120 for an additional 200.00. I asked for the sub to be added for 1,350. I dont know maybe I am being greedy. They havent replied.

I just pulled the trigger!! Got 2 RF52 II, 1 RC62II and 2 RS42II.. I am exited!! No sub I will use my PSW111 and an older 10 inch Yamaha.. What do you guys think about that sub? I think Im need to upgrade. I also but an LFE splitter. I will run the polk next to the RF-52s and the smaller less efficient yamaha next to the couch. Any opinoins on this??

Yes it is. Right now I have RX-V371, polk sub psw111, Yamaha NS-C444 center and Yamaha NS-333 main and surounds. What do you think big upgrade?? Now I am concerned that I over did it with the center RC-62II.. Do you think it will complement the system, or I over did it?

• Moderators

You did great, this will not even compare to the Yamaha, your going to be shocked. The center is very important, it's where much of the dialog and a big part of a movie comes from, that's much better than going smaller, you did good. [Y]

I love to read when someone makes a change this big, there usually blown away by the differences.

Be sure to get it all set up properly before you give it a fair judgment, it's very important to get the most out of everything.

Just hooked everything up yesterday night! Without tweaking my system at all it sounded great!! Even my wife who only has a little appreciation for audio had a big smile on her face. She notided the difference right away. We played some music Pink Floyed, Doors, Eagles and some Jazz. We also watched the Walking Dead and Some trailers. The system is more that what I was expecting. Do I need to give the system a break in Period? What is the best way to go about this? Also should I change the settings on my receiver for my front towers to large? I havent tried it yet but when I have done this in the past I notice my subs will not be as loud as they usually are. Any advise will help. Thank you all in advance.

• Moderators

Do I need to give the system a break in Period?

You don't need to worry about that, they are ready to play however you want.

I looked up your Yamaha and did not see any room correction with a mic advertised. If I were you I would get a radio shack Db meter, ( You can even download a meter to your phone, there are many but you will have to ask someone else about that) set the test tone in the receiver and use the Db meter to get all the channels the same volume, VERY IMPORTANT, you can not do it by ear.

I would say since you don't have a powerful sub set the mains to large and in the menu select both for mains and sub for low frequencies.

Try setting them both ways and see what sounds best to you with the mains, large or small.

It will sound even better when all the speakers are the same volume, (with the receivers test tone) this way because if the recording wants a sound from one particular speaker to be louder or lower you hear it the way it was intended to sound on the recording.

I have no idea how you set it up or if you knew this stuff already so just ignore parts you already know.

point you main speakers a little toward where you sit and your center channel also up or down so it's pointed at your head where you sit. I like when the mains are spread as wide as your room will let them without being right on a sidewall.

Just play around with placement to get whatever sounds best, just reset with Db meter after moving speakers because the sound will change.

Have fun

• Moderators

The rears, center and front speakers all have to be the same volume?

Yes, the same volume using the test tone in the receiver. This is just adjusting for the distance from where you sit to each speaker to get them all the same. At one time you were expected to measure and input the measurement from each speaker to where you sit. A decibel meter is much easier and better.

The recording, music or movies have different volumes in each channel, they are expecting you to have the speakers set correctly so what they put on the recording is replayed at each speaker at the right volume to where you sit.

Set them all to the same volume and let the recording do the rest, it will then sound how it was designed at your listening area.

This is very Important, if not you could have any one of those speakers playing louder or lower and make the recording not sound correct. This is just to have everything balanced, everything will sound better like this.

IF you find you have a little problem with center volume a little low you could always raise the center up one or two DB's if needed, some people do this, it just depends on the room and equipment.

• Moderators

We played some music Pink Floyed, Doors, Eagles and some Jazz

Were these Cd's or DVD's ?

If they were CD's you need to get you a concert DVD of your favorite music , it's recorded in multi channel and usually done very well, like the Eagles hell freezes over DVD since you said Eagles.

I only ask because my rears are never as loud as my front speakers. I dont know if its because they are smaller than my fronts or because they are using less power? Wouldent it be that the front speakers will have more sound only because of the size? Does that mean my front speakers are only going to sound as good as mu RS-42II?

• Moderators

Not at all, recordings are designed so that the sound from all the speakers hit your ears where you sit the way the recording is designed to. And you new speakers can handle that. [Y]

If they are all set even the recording will make your fronts louder if the recording is designed that way. Like in a movie scene if the sound is in front of you it will play that way louder in front, if a scene has something loud in the rear it will be louder in the rear speakers, like when a plane flies over it will be loud in the front then in the rear as the sound passes over. Or like in a war scene explosions can happen in the rear channels that can be louder than the front, to give the impression it behind you, it's the way it's designed. The front 3 speakers are bigger because most recordings are designed with most of the sound in front of the viewer the rears are just for surround effects which are not as much as the front 3 but can be just as loud at times, which is why you want a matched set, like you have.

With all your speakers set to the same volume the recording will make the sound at your listening position just how it is designed to be heard, and so will the speakers. It's how it's designed, the receiver will put your seating position right for the recording to be heard as the director intended you to hear it.........if they are all set in the receiver at the same volume, the recording makes the rest of the volume changes to sound correct.

Like in a concert DVD most of the sound of the band will come from your front 3 speakers, the crowd and a little music will come the rears, like if you were at a concert your ears would hear the music from the front and mostly the crowd to the sides and rear of you, and a little music from just a slight echo of music from the sides and rear. the idea is to have it sound just like you are there, on a concert DVD or movie if you were standing in that scene that's how they want your ears to hear the recording.

No [bs] it's how it happens, it is important, I just want you to have it set up correctly because it does make a big difference. Once you get it all set even with the receivers test tone you will hear what I am trying to explain.

It's true, if I were to try and [bs] you I would be jumped on by everyone here on the forum, if anyone has any other ideas please say something.

• Moderators

I dont think you are trying to BS at all. Thanks for your advise.

Just wait until everything is set up correctly and you can just sit back and enjoy the sound, the more you listen the more you will appreciate what you just put together, your going to love it.

Glad your wife noticed a difference, find a DVD of her favorite music, or get a movie she likes that should do it, you can't help but hear the difference.