My Epson 6010 arrived today!!

themrclean

I just got my new 6010 today!!! I knew it was coming today so I pretty much stared at the front door all day waiting for FedEx to knock. It finally showed up at 5:30, I think this was the longest day of my life. The mount that comes with this thing is awesome but it doesn't come with anything to secure it to the ceiling so I had to run to Walmart for some toggle bolts. The way this mount works is you get it mounted and pointed toward the screen and then there are three screws that you turn left or right and it lines the projector up perfectly. My last mount you had to grab the projector and manually twist, tilt, and turn it to get it lined up.

The picture on the 6010 is the best that I have seen on any projector. The black levels and contrast are light years better than the 8350, not to mention how bright it is. The first thing I put on was Monsters Inc. on blu ray. I have to say on blu ray this looks every bit as good as my 55" LG LED TV. My blu ray player is not 3D and I cannot pass 3D through my UMC-1 so I had to hook the HDMI cable directly to my fatboy PS3. Believe it or not, the 3D image was even crisper than the 2D. The depth is insanely crazy. I skipped through scenes from Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, and Puss N Boots. There were times that Nemo looked like he was swimming about two feet in front of my face. The best thing that I have seen so far was on a preview of Madagascar 3 when they were having a pillow fight and the pillow exploded sending feathers everywhere. It was like there were feathers floating all over my living room. My kids were swatting there hands trying to catch them.

The only thing that sucked was that I couldn't find any of my optic cables to run the sound from the PS3 to the UMC-1, I will have to find one tomorrow (hopefully I didn't give them all away). Now I am dying to get an Oppo BDP-103 and a UMC-200 so I don't have to switch HDMI cables back and forth. Not to mention my blu ray player and PS3 are on there last leg. Ahh the never ending quest for the perfect set up.

For anyone that hasn't tried 3D yet or has only seen it on a TV, you owe it to yourself to demo a 3D projector. I know it is not for everyone but I absolutely love it. The depth and effects that it produces are way better than 3D in the theaters.

I just got my new 6010 today!!! I knew it was coming today so I pretty much stared at the front door all day waiting for FedEx to knock. It finally showed up at 5:30, I think this was the longest day of my life. The mount that comes with this thing is awesome but it doesn't come with anything to secure it to the ceiling so I had to run to Walmart for some toggle bolts. The way this mount works is you get it mounted and pointed toward the screen and then there are three screws that you turn left or right and it lines the projector up perfectly. My last mount you had to grab the projector and manually twist, tilt, and turn it to get it lined up.

The picture on the 6010 is the best that I have seen on any projector. The black levels and contrast are light years better than the 8350, not to mention how bright it is. The first thing I put on was Monsters Inc. on blu ray. I have to say on blu ray this looks every bit as good as my 55" LG LED TV. My blu ray player is not 3D and I cannot pass 3D through my UMC-1 so I had to hook the HDMI cable directly to my fatboy PS3. Believe it or not, the 3D image was even crisper than the 2D. The depth is insanely crazy. I skipped through scenes from Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, and Puss N Boots. There were times that Nemo looked like he was swimming about two feet in front of my face. The best thing that I have seen so far was on a preview of Madagascar 3 when they were having a pillow fight and the pillow exploded sending feathers everywhere. It was like there were feathers floating all over my living room. My kids were swatting there hands trying to catch them.

The only thing that sucked was that I couldn't find any of my optic cables to run the sound from the PS3 to the UMC-1, I will have to find one tomorrow (hopefully I didn't give them all away). Now I am dying to get an Oppo BDP-103 and a UMC-200 so I don't have to switch HDMI cables back and forth. Not to mention my blu ray player and PS3 are on there last leg. Ahh the never ending quest for the perfect set up.

For anyone that hasn't tried 3D yet or has only seen it on a TV, you owe it to yourself to demo a 3D projector. I know it is not for everyone but I absolutely love it. The depth and effects that it produces are way better than 3D in the theaters.

Congrats! You know reading you thoughts on 3d really sounds a lot like i how felt. It really is imo the most powerful movie experience yet (with the projector). I highly recommend panda (first one) and how to train a dragon. They have some crosstalk but overall the 3d takes what is already amazing movies and leaves you just speechless.

You can also try and use an hdmi splitter (one that has 3d passthrough) and run one to the projector and the other to the emo avr (not having the hd audio isn't something i would want to give up). But your best bet would be the oppo103 first. It has two hdmi outputs for this very reason. That way you don't waste 50 or 60 dollars on something you wont use after you get the player. I was in your spot not long ago and wasted $ on a switch box and a splitter.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I already have an HDMI splitter after the UMC-1 sending a signal to the TV and projector, not sure if I want to add another one. Hopefully I will be getting an Oppo 103 soon which will fix my problem and give me better pq too. I hate using the PS3 since my LG blu ray player looks so much better. I think I will get the Oppo first then get the Emo UMC-200 later.