La Scala Dog House Seals

I treated myself to a pair of La Scalas back in 1977. Presently replacing the caps on the AA crossovers. Looking to get into the woofer section to inspect the woofers and clean up the innerds (is innerds a word?). My music interests are varied; meaning soft to VERY loud , including movie watching. Over the years I really beat the Klipsch out of these speakers, so...time for some TLC in the form of replacing of components. Anyone know where I can find the appropriate seals for the Dog House area where the woofers sit? I don't consider myself an Audiophile, just your average Joe that knows when he likes what he hears. When watching movies, loud is good when watching Avatar or War Horse. Motown sounds are cool at mid volume levels. Jazz I like with a little more ooommmfff...especially bass. Symphonic music I tend to send the volume level closer to "10" (movies being at that "11" that makes the neighbors wonder). Wanting to keep that "tight" low end that these La Scalas seem to do so well, I feel that not replacing the seals would make the other efforts meaningless. So, again, where can I find those seals? HELP!

Thanks for relpying Mongo. Yes, those are the seals. What I have is some nitrogen impregnated neoprene. It's 3/32's of an inch thick and compresses nicely. It's that "gel" stuff used in some bicycle seats. I have the bottoms off both speakers. WOW, incredible the crap i cleaned out of that inside area. I removed the woofers. Considering the Crites speakers to replace them with. Both speakers visually seem fine but I put alot of wear on these over the years. Going to do some light sanding on the facing surfaces and a single coat of urethane. I expect this will assist in the sealing of this area. Oh, the material I'm using is scrap from a medical manufacturing company I managed a few years back. Klipsch On!

I want to thank everyone that took the time to give me some good input about the seals. Right now both La Scalas look like scrap wood sitting in my family room. Once I get ready to assemble these, I'll post pics of the subassemblies before and after assembly. Maybe somebody else will be helped by the collective knowledge of all on this site. I'll have the crossovers done by next weekend. Cleaning up and going to do some touch up before replacing the caps I received from Bob Crites.

I treated myself to a pair of La Scalas back in 1977. Presently replacing the caps on the AA crossovers. Looking to get into the woofer section to inspect the woofers and clean up the innerds (is innerds a word?). My music interests are varied; meaning soft to VERY loud , including movie watching. Over the years I really beat the Klipsch out of these speakers, so...time for some TLC in the form of replacing of components. Anyone know where I can find the appropriate seals for the Dog House area where the woofers sit? I don't consider myself an Audiophile, just your average Joe that knows when he likes what he hears. When watching movies, loud is good when watching Avatar or War Horse. Motown sounds are cool at mid volume levels. Jazz I like with a little more ooommmfff...especially bass. Symphonic music I tend to send the volume level closer to "10" (movies being at that "11" that makes the neighbors wonder). Wanting to keep that "tight" low end that these La Scalas seem to do so well, I feel that not replacing the seals would make the other efforts meaningless. So, again, where can I find those seals? HELP!

When I am in a sober mood

I worry, work and think

When I am in a drunken mood

I gamble, fight and drink.

But when all my moods are over

And the world has come to pass,

I hope they bury me upside down

So the world can kiss my _ss.