Yes Tour

Knorbu

The Yes tour came to Omaha tonight and played at the Holland Performing Arts Center.The Holland Center usually plays host to symphonies and orchestras, it's a pretty nice venue with really nice acoustics,,,it rarely hosts "rock"bands. I was a little skeptical about seeing another band from the 70's but the combination of the venue and the fact that they are playing three albums in there entirety , ( The Yes Album, Close To The Edge,and Going For The One ) made me decide to take a chance. I am really glad I did.

jJon Anderson was replaced with Jon Davison, which kind of bummed me out.To me half of the Yes sound is Anderson's vocals so I was expecting to be disappointed , but ,this guy sounds remarkably like Andersen did in his prime,there was absolutely no compensating on the vocal end. In fact there was no compensating for anything.i forgot how talented Steve Howe was.

To me it's a pretty tall order to pull off playing a couple classic album's decades later but they definitely did an excellent job of it. I saw them in the late 70's and to me they were better this time around than they were back then.(not being wasted might play into that also). If they are coming to your town on this tour and you like any of the above albums I would check them out.

Mark

Your welcome,,

if you go I think you'll enjoy it,,it really seemed like they were at peace with themselves and enjoyed playing.,, I have seen a few other "senior " bands and it seemed like some of them were trying to relive their younger days, these guy's seemed to be content with their place in rock history, and they respect the music that put them there.

www.yesworld.com/

Mark

• 4 weeks later...

Yes Yes is awesome. Happened to see some live concert vids on you tube yesterday, and inspired by that, proceeded to the disc Classic Yes hits album. I especially like track 4, Starship Troopers, in the latter half its full of building tempos and searing guitar. With thought provoking lyrics. YES! it was nice and loud.