Electrovoice Receiver?

BEC

I have a small Electrovoice stereo FM receiver. I was told by the original owner that it is solid state and from the late 60's and that it is a model EV1179. I can't prove that from examination of the receiver. It is Electrovoice for sure. It says that on the outside and inside however there is no model number or serial number on it anywhere. A short search of the internet gave me no indication that Electrovoice ever built a receiver. The unit is small, about 10X10X5 and inside looks like late 60's early 70's high quality solid state. It is quite heavy for its small size. It works great and drives a pair of Cornwalls nicely. I am going to guess that it's output is around 10 to 15 watts per channel. Each speaker output is separately fused at 1.5 amps. OK, can any of you tell me anything about this thing? I would sure like to know the specs for it.

i don't know. but if it is electrovoice, it should power the klipsch's quite nicely. in the original heritage speakers, klipsch used Electrovoice components Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

• 5 years later...

I remember Electrovoice seperates (amp and tuner), each about the size of the Parasound Zamp. I guess they made a receiver version. Possibly they were trying to address the mess most ss electronics made of their speakers. Interesting you like the sound with Cornwalls.

Leo

• 1 month later...

I just picked an EV-1180 receiver. I was told it was a contracted build of the 1179 for a Dept. store. Neat looking heavy little brick! Sounds truly suprising on my Forte's. I bet you're right about the wattage. I can't find any data yet on either yet, still looking.