SOLD: Pair K-402/K-1133 3-way Hybrid "Stack"

ClaudeJ1

I will probably sell the stack in the next 4 months and explore new technologies with the money, I'm not sure. 5 1/2 years ago, I set out to improve the sound beyond my 30 year old Khorns. I feel I have more than succeeded by marrying old and new technologies, but it's the K-402 that is the heart of it. Paul was right about the midrange being "where we live" but we need a full band to enjoy music.

Claude, I am confused. Are these still for sale?

Yes, I still want to sell them eventually, but I feel I need to "finish the stack" first before I do. I know it seems strange but it still bug me to have to PEQ a 10 db boost at 60 hz. to bridge the response between the bass and the sub-bass. The tapped Horn is only flat to 60 Hz. and things get funky above 70. All tapped horns do this to some degree as they are only good for 2 octave at best. BUT they make a "bottomless" bass and take a huge workload off anything above them, but it's worth it to get to 15 hz for movies.

And yes the price will got up slightly but will still be a pre-engineered bargain with ridiculously low distortion and extreme detail for under 1.9 kilobucks, still lower than a new pair of k402's with K69 drivers.

• 1 year later...