What was once a hobby...

Flason

..to be 15 again...hmmm did that happen somewhere between 14 and 25?...Is that why I attribute all strange titles and lyrics to Joe Walsh, and think that Peter Frampton had only one hit?

Well, I gave up on the gambling idea, the term gambling implies some remote chance of winning, and in AC that just ain't gonna happen. Caught about $5.00 in quarters though, I found clapping my hands an barking like a seal very effective.

Enough pre-coffee ponderings.

Wow, 222 cluless cwm17.gif posts... and still counting... who would have thunk it?

Yeah, and "sealing" your catch of quarters by the toll booth will improve if you wear a 6.1 tight leather outfit for rear effects... with a sign that reads

You think life sucks?

Do seal's for yucks!

. Help Cluless Home

. For Klipsch Syndromes>

Will Bark for Bucks!s>

... and don't forget to clap with elbows locked... and nosh on day-old sushi for the Jersey shore effect.

So much for marketing in the morning fog... I've got to find that coffee... -HornED

PS: Hmmm, let's see... 14 to 25... oh yeah... I found out what it was like to be a Boy Scout, tutor John Madden, marry college sweetheart, shrink heads, divorce college sweetheart, and kill for my country... before Peter Frampton found puberty!

Now, coming of age while cluless has to be more romantic than all that Joe Walsh ancient guy stuff!

This message has been edited by HornEd on 06-25-2002 at 09:07 AM

BOOM ! Whoa ! What happened man ? One minute I was banging down a few dozen Metaxa 7 Stars with a few Iron City chasers watching Vanilla Fudge at the Stone Pony and then the next minute I wake up out in front of the place and the joint next door , Mrs. Jays , is gone ! I found a newspaper lying beside me and Arafat is on the front page and George Steinbrenner is on the back sports page ranting about something. So I guess I couldnt of missed TOO much. Wait a minute George is talking about TV. Whoa ! When did N.Y. get cable television ? Heavy. It seems like I was just here yesterday. Well the Vanilla Fudge poster is still on the clubs front door. At least that a good sign. Funny. I thought there were a lot more buildings around this side of town. Probably nothing. I did drive here in the dark with only one headlight. Hey ! I thought Id never say this but I might need a haircut. The old do is touching the top of my bell bottoms .Wild! Then this guy yells at me Hey Billy ! Give me your autograph I figured the guys nuts but I signed a napkin for him. He then gets all bent out of shape and starts yelling at me that Im not Billy Gibbons. I told him No Im Billy.. Oh, lets just forget about it. Anyway , as I was saying. Wait. Hey look . A paisley ambulance. He he. Now thats cool. Speaking of vehicles I better find mine. It should be easy in the day light. Who could misplace a yellow VW bus with black curtains ? Man I wonder if my stash of brownies is still in it ? Ive got a bad case of the munchies. I need to find a pad to crash in. The last thing I want to do is tie dye on a street in Asbury Park. Oh oh. That ambulance is stopping here. Oh Man ! Bummer man! This is a bad scene man. All I need is for someone to give me a date, a time a place.. Just fill in the blanks Month__Day__Year 19___. O.K. ? I better exit stage left. This place is getting too far out for me. Besides theres a couple of dudes in white coats getting out of the DOA mobile walking towards me. Im outta here like Vladimir . If anybody can update me just drop me a line. Uhhhhhhhh.. Never mind that just send me a message from Uranus. Hmmmm. Skip that too. Smoke signals will do. Over and out. Peace. DUDE ! Wheres my VW ? Oh Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan cool. At least the oceans still here. Vroooooooooooom..

------------------

tHe wORLDs werst TYPesT>

ALERT! MISSING! BBB!

BBB is missing. He was last seen, just moments ago, on this forum thread in the throes of flashback. We MUST LOCATE HIM IMMEDIATELY. His lithium dosage MUST be increased. If seen please call 1-800-573-8747 - DO NOT APPROACH - I REPEAT DO NOT APPROACH.

ALERT CANCELLED...BBB FOUND - Shoot the flompy -

a good thing too, I already took his lithium. Going home to design a center channel ceiling suspension system...

This message has been edited by cluless on 06-25-2002 at 02:47 PM

You can call off the alert Cluless . I found myself without any help. I was here the whole time. I must admit I was acting strange for a while.I spent the entire night trying to balance 20 kilos worth of speaker on top of a japanese television.Here's a secret. Don't use the feet. I never found them anyway.This tv isn't working now. Maybe I forgot to pay the power bill.Thats strange. My electric banana has plenty of juice.What a bad time for a break down. And CHEECH & CHONG were coming on this afternoon.Bummer.I guess I'll just have to hand spin one of their old 33's on the old victrola hoping my trusty boob tube hasn't gone up in smoke.cwm35.gif

------------------

tHe wORLDs werst TYPesT>

BBB-what the flock were you trying to do?...Balance the thing on your feet?...What! and on top of the TV? So I guess you were on your back...balancing the speaker on your feet? No wonder it was such a traumatic experience.

Horn-Ed the Leather Suit was a REALLY REALLY BAD idea.

But, cluless, it's an audio thing... note I did say a 6.1 leather suit. By the words of his psychoacoustics nibs, Floyd E. Toole, leather is the only "fabric" that can resonate with low bass waves and, therefore, keep one's backfield in motion... which is only a penalty in football.

After all, this is an audio Forum, not a fashion forum, and it seemed that a "leather look" would both compliment the seal act and prove the bass aspects of the gambit.

But, in now appears that in my attempt to help you raise funds for a worthy cause at the Toll Booth as cased me to catch my big toe on the rope... and like the the inept Transylvanian belle wringer... I have, apparently, tolled myself off.

Yep, not one but two, count 'em, TWO REALLY's makes for a long, long crime. That's the problem with walking the edge... when thin souls are afoot and no java beans to temper the fulcrum so that the clever lever doth not pry into the ID-iot lobe.

So 'lest the fashion police remove me from this Forum, I shall appologize... and think in terms of horns... for they are not only traditionally in Klipsch speakers... but also in traditional seal acts. And with my background in Renaissance... what better than an un-leathered seal (modestly draped) with a Tudor tooter tutor to carry both the tune and the fishy reward bucket.

Better lark next time... hopefully. -HornED

This message has been edited by HornEd on 06-26-2002 at 12:49 PM

Ha ha . Lets not discuss my juggling ablities on the forum Cluless. The only balancing act you're gonna have to worry about is the one your furry buddies will be performing on the grilles of those nice new RF-7's.

Those things are going to look like a bunch of used party favors on the floor of a Guy Lombardo New Years Eve shindig during the last call for alcohol segment of his program.And what about the cabinets. They may end up resembling the business end of a cherry wood broomstick after a few passes through a squirrel powered woodchipper. Yikes ! I haven't even scratched the surface of the hassles you are going to encounter if you havent been schooled in the fine art of quick Reference rotation utilizing the famous Master Sakapoopie foot bobbing technque in order to keep your Klipsch investments floating above slaughter.Alas my friend .It appears your fate may be sealed.

------------------

tHe wORLDs werst TYPesT>

I'm finally re-hydrated after that ill-fated stint at the toll booth in leather...and the problem with the big hairy guy on the harley...egads..I will NEVER take ed's fashion advice again.

cwm35.gif

Taking the cats to the vet today for a claw and tooth extraction...yep...that'll do the trick.

cwm6.gif

Hmmmmmmmm. Tooth extraction huh.Are you serious?

There's about a dozen jokes I could think of concerning that procedure but maybe I'll back off.

I'm not a cat lover so I might feel more comfortable goofing on my own dog than making fun of someone elses pets.But I will do it at the drop of a cat,I mean hat,if provoked. Got to hand it to you Clu. You're a true Klipsch carbon based unit.

------------------

tHe wORLDs werst TYPesT>

I'll have you know my cats happen to come from a very distinct gene-pool.

Three very distinct genes.

Well, Ive screwed off enough for the morning its lunch time.

TTFN

(##$@!@#$##%#@)

cwm29.gif

This message has been edited by cluless on 06-26-2002 at 10:28 AM

Ah, yes, cluless, Chimay is good for what ales you... and the favorite hydrant of those suffering from flat feats.

Smash.gif But, a caution, drained bottles are less effective in warding off the attentions of seal crazed, hairy Harley hoppers habiturated to Hooterville's trolley... which they may be off due to HDTV inspired rerun cancellations.

BTW, I do not know if you have been tested, but I suspect your HDTV positive!

And now that you have "Referenced" the tender, thinly copper-clad, woofers into your decor.. "customizing" your beloved cats speaks volumes for your love of Klipsch... or at least your recognition of the diminution of your former largesse. By that I mean, before Ref7, you could have been the one tossing quarters at a leathered Harley dude down on his pluck... and cultivating his French seal technique.

Will your "meow" friends now where ruffled collars (a la Elizabeth I) to preclude their using the bass ports as an entry chamber to "woof" environment? But, wait, have there not been numerous posts by Klipsch cat lovers on achieving meower/woofer compatibility?

In any event, today's vet adventure paves the way for protecting the new heavy drapes that will allow you to:

cwm26.gif 1. Control the ambient light negatively impacting your TV screen (How far away is the lighthouse?).

cwm40.gif 2. Decrease overly bright reflections of an acoustic tenor (So what does Pavarotti know?).

cwm24.gif 3. Allow you to slip into your Toll House Fashion Seal Leathers (As neighbors watch Cookie Monster instead).

With any kind of luck, you can have a home life sufficiently stimulating to offset the lack of gray matter you job requires to fund this pursuit of audio Nirvana for non-audiophile practitioners of Karma Klipsch Suitsya... just don't trip over a declawed cat and fall into a mousy Bose hole now that you have redecorated your scatter in faux Fang Shui.

Whew, bless Klipsch for having a "General" category for threadbare efforts such as this. cwm34.gif -HornED

PS: May this post catch you in the "Bon Appetite" grace period between the morning screw-off and the afternoon screw-on... from your baiting we are waiting for a dip in your kitty's three-way gene pool.

This message has been edited by HornEd on 06-26-2002 at 12:31 PM

Don't you just hate that niggling feeling that you are forgetting something.

Got home from work to find my driveway packed with cars. Well the folks from PETA, the SPCA, the Humane Society, were all waiting for me. They were all up in paws about some foolishness about tooth/claw extraction. Luckily, after a bit of kibbling around, we got the matter straightened out. I'll end here, as this post has been rather like, ummm (BBB -note that was not Hmmm), pulling teeth.

Ed - HDTV negative - The broadcasting people seem to be having a bit of trouble getting their scanlines together, as far as I'm concerned.

They way me and the wife look at it, the more Klipsch we collect, the more the kids can sell to bury us LOL

That was just a sick joke,

Klipsch are always worth money, and sound excellent collect and enjoy!

I might loose some here and there, but im always far from done LOL

Jim

I was going through my email, I discovered that there may be people here that beleive that I actually took my cats for a tooth/nail extraction. This is NOT so. I actually take the critters to the vet to get their teeth cleaned, and they both get regular manicures (no nail polish). I thought the idea of tooth/nail extraction was so off-the wall as to be funny. Once again, I was mistaken.