How mad are my neighbors going to be? (New RF-7 II System)

KlipschJim

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I agree I still love 5.1 as most movies are 5.1 anyway. It took me a lot of tweaking and adjustment for the 7.1. I finally got it right before I swapped the THX speakers but I actually moved my surround back KS-525s lower on the back wall and closer to ear level and it makes for a rather neat enveloping sound. I remember feeling completely immersed in the scene in Jurassic park when the Gallimimus dinos are stampeding could hear them coming from the surround back to surround to right channel panning really nicely. If you ever go up to 7.1 again are you planning for more WDST RS-62s for the back wall to match your side surrounds? I couldnt believe when I read that you only watch one movie a month in that amazing theater. You deserve more time in there quit working so much lol. Im kind of the same way though unfortunately. We put all this work on the systems and rarely have time to enjoy them. Heck I have had my JVC proj. for 2 weeks now and havent even turned it on yet. Almost done with the install though. seems like all I do is work. With the fiancé owning a restaurant it takes a lot of our time. I work as an accountant throughout the week and then Im always helping her with the business or tending to the house work etc. I try to catch 1 movie a week up in the theater and I never watch TV. I know you and your wife from what I read run your own business too I believe and you know the time and work that takes. Least you can enjoy some nice music with those new B&W speaks in the living room. Looks beautiful man. Your décor and living room has a nice Mediterranean look to it. Nice warm colors.

Hello everyone,

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I am also looking to get the RF7 II home theater system... What AVR do any of you recommend for this system. I'll be using it for both listening to LPs, CDs, and movies. The room is not a dedicated media room, but a family/kitchen/ dining nook, about 20X25 ft. with tile floors and drywall walls...

Thanks

Dale in San Antonio

• Moderators

Now on to probably the most ridiculous center I have ever seen!

I agree.

Love that I can actually "Crank it up to 11" now!!!

Probably not a good idea to have the sub wide open. Buy an SPL meter so you can have each speaker at the same volume. I typically am about 1/2 and no more than 3/4 ever.

Now on to probably the most ridiculous center I have ever seen!

I agree.

Love that I can actually "Crank it up to 11" now!!!

Probably not a good idea to have the sub wide open. Buy an SPL meter so you can have each speaker at the same volume. I typically am about 1/2 and no more than 3/4 ever.

I wouldn't actually do that. Just funny that it goes to 11. I have it set just over half way and the low frequency around the upper end of the dial.

• Moderators

If you set a crossover in your receiver to a certain Hz (ex. 80Hz, turn the xover on your sub all the way up (ex. 120hz) because if you set your xover on the sub at 80hz and in your receiver at 80hz, any LFE that is routed to the sub that is between 80Hz - 120Hz will not be heard.