K-horns For Sale ( Mississippi )

DANOCASTER

HEY EVERYONE..LaScala Dano here !! A customer just called our store and is wanting to sell his K Horns. They are Mid/Late 80s. Oiled Walunt/Black Grilles. He lives in Mississippi -near Jackson. He is moving very soon and is looking for a "easy" sale. He doesnt do Ebay so was gonna try his local paper. But I thought some lucky guy/ gal here may be interested.He wanted $1000 EACH but would probably go lower (like 1600-1700 pr) if someone would offer it. He says they are " absolutely Showroom Perfect!! ". He doesnt have boxes and wants them to be picked up. He's gonna email me PICS tommorrow and I will gladly send them to anyone interested. I told him to take shots of the labels (top and bottom)and get me ALL the info he could. Lemme know if you are interested.DAMN..I WISH I HAD THE DOUGH !!!! cwm10.gif

This message has been edited by DANOCASTER on 07-04-2002 at 12:21 PM

Indyklipschfan,

Just a bump to you. If you're ready to drop around $700 on a pair of LaScalas, put those negotiation skills to work and bag those Khorns for yourself. If he's willing to go to the $1600 neighborhood, I'll be damned if I could not find a way to negotiate and make them mine!

Just a thought.

Klipsch out.

This message has been edited by jazman on 06-26-2002 at 08:36 PM

Dano-

Sell me your LaScalas for $700 and buy the K-horns!

Or tell him I'll buy them for $1600 and I'll figure a way to pick them up.

My email is tess@massed.net

BTW

I've been selling Klipsch for 10yrs+ at Tweeter and other independents. Where do you work?

This message has been edited by 12ax7 on 06-26-2002 at 10:13 PM

I'VE ALREADY EXPLORED THAT OPTION BUT I JUST BOUGHT THOSE $350 (for the pair!!) LaSCALAs AND HAVE SINCE ORDERED THAT NEW MUSICAL FIDELITY UPSAMPLER.SO THERE IS NO "EXTRA" MONEY- EVEN IF YA DID BUY MY LASCALAS FOR $700 !! SORRY- IF I COULDVE COME UP W/ THE DOUGH I WOULD HAVE BEEN ALREADY DRIVING HOME FROM MISSISSIPPI !! I THINK YOU SHOULD BUY EM.

BTW- I WORK AT NICHOLSON'S HIFI IN NASHVILLE, TN. WE'VE BEEN SELLING HI END SINCE 1946. B&W,THIEL,MARTIN LOGAN,CONRAD JOHNSON,MUSICAL FIDELITY,McINTOSH,AYRE..

This message has been edited by DANOCASTER on 06-27-2002 at 01:17 AM

Lord, Danocaster.... Holy All CAPS LOCK fever!

I have been giving serious thought to going with some Khorns but I have VERY LITTLE room for the beasts. Still, they intrigue me and I have not heard them since the 70s, and then only through British Solid State (nice little Linn amps though).

Hmmmmmm....

kh

------------------

Phono Linn Sondek LP-12 Valhalla / Linn Basic Plus / Sumiko Blue Point

CD Player Rega Planet

Preamp Cary Audio SLP-70 w/Phono Modified

Amplifier Welborne Labs 2A3 Moondog Monoblocks

Cable DIYCable Superlative / Twisted Cross Connect

Speaker 1977 Klipsch Cornwall I w/Alnico & Type B Crossover

Links system one online / alternate components / Asylum Listing f>s>

HEY MOBILE !!! so sorry to SHOUT at everyone.

Here's this guys note/info on the spks :

Hi Dan,

I have attached the requested pictures. Unfortunately, I didn't realize my lens needed cleaning until I got into the office and downloaded the images. The apparent blemishes on the grills and cabinets are actually smudges on the camera lens. You can see this when you compare frontal pictures of the speakers, because the same blemishes appear on each image. Let me know if you need these repictured.

The information you requested follows:

Spkr 1-Top KB-WO H/F 8533947 K-55-M 533

Spkr 1-Bottom KB-WO L/F 8533948

Spkr 2-Top KB-WO H/F 8533949 Same Same

Spkr 2-Bottom KB-WO H/F 8533950

The electronic board in the top half of the cabinets was labeled, "Balancing Network Type AK2". The Inspector and Tester for the speakers were Charles Alexander and Robby Teftiller, respectively.