Mission spkrs in bedroom need small, musical sub

REFSELLER

Driving a matched 771 system w/ RXV2200 and want to integrate a sub...was thinking REL Q150/200 BECAUSE OF HOW THEY BLEND...I don't need high output or obscene depth, just want CLEAN music...Bedroomto have dvda /sacd anny time now...

------------------

who sells more KLIPSCH than me?!!!

What size are you thinking? 8", 10", 18"

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

TheEAR? Where R U?

I would say a Velodyne or Sunfire if you need small.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

Forrest is correct,the Klipsch RSW10 is a great choice,have one and its a perfect match for compact monitors.

Dean the Velo HGS10 is OVERPRICED,Velodyne's own SPL1000 or 1200 is a better choice.Almost the same sub bassquality and quantity at a much lower price.

And yes who can ignore the Sunfire and Carver Knight Shadow subs.If you can spend for the HGS10 you can get the Sunfire Signature for about the same price and the Signature makes the HGS10 and 12 sound like mid bass units with low 25-30Hz output.

The Mark IV and Super Junior are the best choices again,real deep bass and a realistic price.Plus serious output.

The REL Q200 is yet another high quality sub,looks like the Sunfire Mark IV with one driver.Great if you can muster around $1500 to get it.

M&K's VX and MX series are also good subs,they will climb up in frequency like no other subs and yet deliver solid bass down to 30Hz with power.The VX100 and MX700

are the two units to check out.

My choices with very compact monitors would be M&K's and the Klipsch RSW10.Both tight,defined and can be cut high with no boom.The M&K MX700 and Klipsh RSW10 work like a dream with the bass-less Klipsch Quintet(perfect match,no gaps,very impressive).

TheEAR(s) NOw theears

This message has been edited by TheEAR on 06-27-2002 at 10:57 PM

Since Justin and that moron Soundjunk were saying I am the Ears I must now agree with Ears. Sunflower compacts are best dollar for dollar when it comes to small with big clean output. Even btter than klipsch or Velodyne. They are the King of the compact subs.

And Ears is a nice, humble guy. Wink.gifcwm38.gif

------------------

Go Forth and Hump the World