K-33 Woofers Compatibility....

The picture is of the crossover currently in the '64 Cornwalls. The woofers in them is the PL115 Jensen woofer. I want to replace them with the newer k-33 woofer, the ones with the square drivers. My question is will that work? I dont know enough about the woofers to know if any K-33 is compatible with that type 2 R crossover or if it has to be the old jensen woofer?![*-)]

post-55909-13819854887962_thumb.jpg

I dont know if the K33 will work or not. That said, I've always been under the impression that Kipsch uses very cost effective drivers. Meaning, for the job at hand, you might find a similar driver that would work but it might not cost any less (presuming we're comparing new/new or used/used) consequently, I'd say just get the correct driver and know you're doing it right.

I'm sure one of the technical guys will give a better answer.

I'd say just get the correct driver and know you're doing it right.

+1

I would just use a duplicate of the part to be replaced. That way you know that it will work and there is no need to change the parameters of the box or crossover. Unless that's what you want to do.

I'd say just get the correct driver and know you're doing it right.

+1

I would just use a duplicate of the part to be replaced. That way you know that it will work and there is no need to change the parameters of the box or crossover. Unless that's what you want to do.

Klipsch treated Jensen P15LL (K-33-J) ain't that easy to come by...