Surround speakers with Klipsch Chorus

astark

I want to build a surround system utilizing my existing pair of Klipsch Chorus speakers. What considerations do I need to apply when selecting surround and center speakers? Any suggestions for a receiver? I am looking at a Yamaha RX-V122.

Thanks for your help

Al Stark

Ah, two of my favorite board members beat me to this one...but I'll add my thoughts.

Now that I have Chorus IIs as mains, I have moved my Forte IIs to the surrounds and have a pair of KG 1.2s for back center duty. Academy is the best (only??) way to go for front center as it is a perfect timbre match for the Chorus line.

Here is my post concerning center channel speakers.

http://216.37.9.58/ubb/Forum9/HTML/002224.html

I love my current system and certainly enjoy the improvements Chorus IIs made in front and Forte IIs made in the surrounds. Soon, I'll get that review written up and post a couple pics.

I have the Chorus IIs, KLF C-7 and KLF-20s and I will tell you that they sound amazing together. The Chorus are the main part of my system. About the Academy, I can get 3 C-7s for the price of it. Just my 2 cents...

------------------

Cruzer

quote:

Originally posted by jhawk92:

Academy is the best (only??) way to go for front center as it is a perfect timbre match for the Chorus line.

You knew I couldn't let that slide, didn't you?? The best match for the center is a 3rd Chorus, a Cornwall II, or a Forte (IMHO). Wink.gif

Doug

------------------

My System

This message has been edited by dougdrake on 06-28-2002 at 06:49 PM

Zing!!!

You got me there Doug! I guess I should have couched my remark by saying, "the best 'center' channel speaker for the Quartet/Forte/Chorus line is an Academy. But for those single folks or ones with high WAFs, then a third Chorus, Forte or Quartet would be even better." How's that? Smile.gif