Guess what's driving THIS ad!

dougdrake

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBB- You are not supposed to KEEP them! I'm certainly not going to ask what you do with them, especially since you travel around with that screaming horde of mutants.

HWatkins - What's a hirchhiker, or a hirch for that matter?, tee hee.

Must be thinking of a hirch-mouse . No need to set a trap for them. Just cruise along with a door open and theyll hop right on in. Although I wouldnt leave my trunk open in any place they might be hanging out. Theyve been seen rolling down the road in people's spare tires only to end up later at some roadside crow bar bouncing up and down on the jukebox harmonizing to the Mickey Mouse Club theme song. Their favorite. M-I-Ceeeeee. See ya real soon. K-E-Yiiiiiiiiiiiii. Why? Because were clueless. M-O-U-S-EEEK ! Its a cwm42.gif

------------------

tHe wORLDs werst TYPesT>

Lets get back on the topic of having reasons for selling stuff in the paper .I used to have a guy who worked for me who was a real piece of work. He used to buy stuff at estate sales and auctions bring them home and run garage sales with price tags stuck on items that belonged to people that were no longer with us. This guy gave a whole new meaning to the saying Worth more dead than alive if you get my drift. He would advertise in the local rag all the time. He used to say that the idea is to feed people a load of crap in the paper so he could sell them a load of crap in his garage. He had a different story for every occasion. One week he would be getting married. The next week he was getting divorced. If the same people showed up at his garage for a different ad he put in the paper he had an excuse for everything and still sold stuff. Most of his regulars knew what he was about but didnt care. It was like a furniture store I used to pass on my way to work in Jersey . This guy was going out of business for 20 years. Anyway Mr. Garage sale had to let his wife in on what their marital status was (in print) on a regular basis in case people who called about his ad started to ask his wife questions. One time the wife tells him she answered some phone calls about the ad while he was not home. After she told him he asked her What did you tell them? .Did you say you were my wife ? She said . Well yea ,but dont worry . I didnt say we were getting married or divorced The guy flips out and says You idiot ! Didnt you read this weeks ad ? Youre supposed to be dead ! Biggrin.gif

------------------

tHe wORLDs werst TYPesT>

quote:

Originally posted by BBB:

You idiot ! Didnt you read this weeks ad ? Youre supposed to be dead !
Biggrin.gif

Classic!

My aunt buys things for like 50 cents at garage sales and sells them on eBay for up to $50 haha. She got this little perfume decanter for 75 cents, turns out it was from Queen Elizabeths collection or something... anyways, it sold for $175. That is what got her started. Now that is what she does for a living, and doing quite well Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>