Crossover point for Klipschorn Bass Bin used in a 2 way set up.

Edroom

I am "building" a 2 way set up with Klipschorn Bass bins and large 2 inch throat compression driver horns for tops. The drivers are Faital Pro HF200's which are rated for a crossover point of 900 hz, Bob crites has posted that they can handle down to 400 hz without issues.

What is the highest the Bins can handle? is 400 as high as they will be able to reproduce accurately? Has anyone personal experience with this set up? what would the pros and cons be of crossing over at 500, 600, 700? I will be using an active crossover so I can set it wherever I want.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Ed

I am no Khorn expert but from what I do know they start to get into the soup after about 350 Hz and croossover is around 400 - 450 Hz. There are members who have gone two way but you are going to need a large horn to play down that low The Peavey CH1 was designed by a couple of ex EV designers will play that low the K402 will play that low its bigger, some of the big EV horns will get there. Look forward to watching your progress. Best regards Moray James.

PS: jub bins will allow you a higher crossover point than a Khorn will and more placement flexability too.

I am "building" a 2 way set up with Klipschorn Bass bins and large 2 inch throat compression driver horns for tops. The drivers are Faital Pro HF200's which are rated for a crossover point of 900 hz, Bob crites has posted that they can handle down to 400 hz without issues.

What is the highest the Bins can handle? is 400 as high as they will be able to reproduce accurately? Has anyone personal experience with this set up? what would the pros and cons be of crossing over at 500, 600, 700? I will be using an active crossover so I can set it wherever I want.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Ed

Not direct answers to your question regarding the bass bins; however, here is an informative thread on testing the Faital Pro HF 200 on the Eliptrac 400 where various testing was performed down to the 400 Hz level.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/t/144319.aspx?PageIndex=1