added bass from chorus II's

tblake10

Every now and then I bring the chorus II's in the room where I run my khorns and hook them up. they are sitting a couple of feet from the khorns and are about 17 inches from the wall. When the chorus' are not hooked up and I'm running khorns alone, I swore I could here a difference in the bass in the room. I walked over and felt the chorus passive and it was vibrating with the bass licks. Adds a nice little punch too! Anyone else had this experience with a passive sitting nearby another speaker and hearing the extra bass? Adds a nice little kick!

Tim

Adds a nice little punch too! Anyone else had this experience with a passive sitting nearby another speaker and hearing the extra bass? Adds a nice little kick!

Tim,

And I thought it was my imagination. My Quartets are within 3 inches from my RF-63's and the same phenominon occurs when my 63's are pounding and even more when running all three subs.

Bill

Passives move with sound waves. Speakers put out sound waves. If passives are close enough to an sound wave, the passive will move. Plus, it does not produce sound. That is being caused by the Chorus II's disrupting the airflow from the other speakers.

Put a fan next to a passive and it will move.