Amp to match RB51II

Hi guys,

I got a year ago a pair of RB51II to compose my stereo. Right now I have a professional amplifier with 34W per channel and 6ch mixer. Those equipments are from a professional system which is not much suitable for home use.

I was looking for a stereo amp which is to much difficult to find. All I've ever seen seems to be underpowered, like Marantz PM6004 or Rotel RA-10 (40-45W). I'm afraid to buy one of them and get disappointed with some lack of power to deliver all the bass that these speakers are capable. (I know that they are too far away from a sub, but I saw them with a HK990 and they are quite impressive)

I thought to buy a HK 3490 which deliver something about 120W per channel and seems to deliver a lot of bass with every speaker connected to it. But I'm really afraid about the problems involving the "protection system" that keeps the receiver turning off with any little problem. I live in Brazil and here these equipments are quite expensive, so I need a amp with a robust circuits or easy to find electronics (instead of all that Chips or ICs that HK uses).

Someone have some tip? I'd like a amp that will deliver all that I could take from my RB-51 since I'm not planning to get a sub.

It seems to be a nice receiver, but I really prefer something simpler.

I don't need all that digital stuff nor all that channels. I was looking for something like Rotel RA-10...

Today I figured out Emotiva amps, like UPA-200 that seems really nice....

For 2 channel stuff I use a Yaqin VK 2100 which is an intergrated tube amp with a lot of power. It is simple and seems to be of solid build quality which I use to drive my RF 7's. Yaqin amps are in your price range and they are plug N play. Emotiva makes some nice amps and would be a great choice.

The RB 51's are not bass heavy speakers due to their size, they are great speakers for their size. Get a 10 in sub and keep your amp. Or consider something slightly larger as a speaker. Amps will drive speakers but it sounds like the kind of bass that you want can't be produced by small bookself speakers. Deep bass is a function of driver size and canbinet size.

I know they aren't. But I got a great improvement when I change the amps. When I listened de RB51 with a good amp with a lot of power reserve (HK3490) I got very satisfied with the bass.

My amp is just weak and I don't know why. Even powering a good subwoofer it seems to cut off the lower frequencies.