Why wouldn't I use a T-amplifier?

superedge88

I'm looking at separate amplifiers for my CF-4's. I love the efficiency of class T amplifiers and really like the Topping TP60. The only issue is that most T amps can't be bridged so I would simply biamp each CF-4 with a TP-60.

The CF-4's are supposedly 102db sensitive, but even if you drop the sensitivity to a more likely ~98db a TP60 should easily be able to power a CF-4 to insane levels.

Is there a reason I wouldn't do this?

CLARIFICATION: I would use two of the TP60's, one for each CF-4.

I'm looking at separate amplifiers for my CF-4's. I love the efficiency of class T amplifiers and really like the Topping TP60. The only issue is that most T amps can't be bridged so I would simply biamp each CF-4 with a TP-60.
The CF-4's are supposedly 102db sensitive, but even if you drop the sensitivity to a more likely ~98db a TP60 should easily be able to power a CF-4 to insane levels.
Is there a reason I wouldn't do this?
CLARIFICATION: I would use two of the TP60's, one for each CF-4.

Maybe not insane levels but, interesting proposition. Just thinking about those underpowered amps driving speakers. If the 60 is the watts in the name of the T amp, I would be curious about the insane part too.

Thanks

I have the older and discontinued Super T-amp which is like 10 watts a side and a TP-30 that I have used with my Epic CF3's. They both sound great on The Epics and could drive them really loud, though not to insane levels. The amps have great clarity and the tight bass slam that the Epics have. With either of the amps, I say each time I listen to to the Epics, what a great speaker and great little amps. The Tp-30 is in my system now as a secondary amplifier for 2 channel listening fun. I wouldn't use either of mine for a main amp though. I think the Epics can draw a lot of power especially when listening to movies or concert videos at high volume and would run out of gas with the t-amps. For my main amp and added fun I have 500 watts per side with a Crown K2 amp, which is a switching amp to some degree, I believe. Sounds great on the Epics.

The topping t-60 does 80 watts a channel, so each CF-4 would be seeing about 160 watts. A 98db sensitive speaker needs about 100 watts to hit 90dbs at 15 feet. Seems like insane volume levels would be easy to hit even if judging skeptically/conservatively the amplifier output (80 watts into 2 channels) and the CF-4 sensitivity (102 db). I would also be crossing over the CF-4's at 50 hertz.