RF-7 II Stereo Amplifier Advise

ryder

A lot of us use something with 200 watts and 4 ohm stable. Some of the guys use Emotiva, Parasound, B&K, Bryston, Yamaha, Carver and a host of other new, used, and vintage. It depends on your price range and if you only want to drive only 2 speakers. Some people want to drive 3,5, or 7 speakers. The used market can save you a lot of money and net you great results. Some people also use their avr without a problem if it has discrete amp and can do at least 125 watts/ch. This is a great option for people than run their RF 7's as small and not full range. I have mines on amps and still run them as small.

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys, this may be repetitive but am selecting an amp/pre/power combo for the RF7 ii.. But the one that is available in my budget and with Bill/warranty/service backup is Marantz MM7055 for power (bi amping is being recommended by the seller its a 140w 5 channel amp) along with SR5009 for processing along with wifi/Bluetooth capability.

Currently only setting this up as 2 channel but can expand on the other channels of the 5009 for surrounds centre and subwoofer...

Will this setup drive the speakers well..

The other option is ADCOM GFA 555E 200x2 w @ 8 ohms but service may be dodgy.. I could add marantz 5009 to it for pre power

What do you suggest? Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To add more about myself.. I listen to most forms of music with the exception of Jazz/Opera/western Classical..

Also to add, the seller has connected separate roksan kandy k2 (125wpc) to each speaker at the showroom, but they sounded a tad bright, so was wondering whether marantz with a warmer sound signature may be a good option

My concern is whether the 140wpc marantz 7055 be good to drive the speakers loud or the 200wpc adcom or the roksan setup is good... (Though at low to moderate levels not concerned as these speakers are sensitive).. The marantz combo is at least 50pct cheaper coz of pricing irregularities here

• 1 year later...