Picked up a pair of RS-3

Sepen

I have been running Axiom QS4's for surrounds and KG4's for the rears to go with my FortesA/cademy fronts. I then ran the KG4's as sides until I ran across a pair of RS-3 that I got on the cheap. I can't believe what a difference they make, like night and day. They sound big and wonderful. I had wanted a pair of RS52 II's but what would I gain over the RS3's? Are they that much better than the 3's, if anyone knows? I may not even run the KG4's in the rears, they sound that good. Thanks to any...

I ran a set of the RS-3s in an older setup and they were teriffic. I later swaped out for a set of the KSP-6 which would be considered an upgrade and closer in design to the RS52. I sold the KSPs and went bact to the RS-3 as I felt they just provided a better surround effect. I wouldn't think there would be much to gain if anything.

I had rs3s as my surrounds for 10 years with my RF3s and loved them. When I went to 82 IIS they sounded ok (rs 3s). When I moved to the rs 52 IIS it definitely was an improvement. The different design improved imaging and it just sounds fresher in the rear. When watching tv or normal volume movies they are great for dialog. They do crank too. I temporarily have my chorus IIS plugged into my h.t. setup. And the 52s blend well and those extra tweeters help with all the bass my front stage throws out. Shop for 52 IIS they're out there at reasonable prices. You can pass the rs 3s on to someone with RF 3s.