Klipsch RF-7 II Set vs Definitive Bp3000tl set

ryder

You will lose overall dynamics and efficiency, it will take more power to get similar impact out of the Def Tech's. The soft dome tweeters in the Def's will be more laid back than the horns for sure. A downgrade in my opinion but this is a KLIPSCH forum after all.

IMHO the WDTS speakers are better surrounds. The move would be a step down with the definitve set. Properly setup, the Klipsch are hard to beat for movies and music. A lot of speakers cost a lot more and may have exotic finishes but, the cost to performance value is not as good as Klipsch IMO. I have never had anyone not be impressed with my system and no one has ever mention that they heard a better killer system.

100% different sound. Def Tech has some cool speakers and i think that they have their place. Honestly, you need to hear both. What do you ears say. I can't tell you what kind of shift it would be for you. It is possible that the laid back sound is much more enjoyable for you. Personally, I see Def Tech as more of a WAF class speaker and serves its purpose while also producing great sound.

I agree though, Klipsch is by far the best bang for the buck and a class leading quality speaker. I heavily believe in the law of diminishing returns with speakers and i don't see many other brands out pacing klipsch speakers. The Reference line does a bang up job and for the price for a pair of RF-7's, what would you have to pay for the competitor to match its output ability. The Heritage line has a great sound. Personally, i wish the higher end Reference line would employ a 3 way design. That midrange really kicks things up a good healthy few notches and brings music to life. In that respect, the Heritage line is worth its salt.

Its not always comparing output abilities either. What does the speaker sound like to you? What are you looking to get out of the speaker? Low bass extension? Extreme output? How big is your room? You need to cater to what you want/need.